6 Month Free HD from Dish DELAYED

Did you ever get the HD discount with D* slacker?

One of the reasons I left was because they wouldn't do much for existing customers. D* on the other hand has.

Who actually has an 811 or an 921 and DOESN'T have the HD Pak? Whats the point? What a great deal from Dish Network.

I cancelled the HD Pack after a couple of months. To us, it wasn't worth the $10. I'll tell you what the point is of having an 811 without the HD pack: I still have HBO-HD via satellite, plus 8 OTA channels broadcasting in HD: ABC, CBS, NBC, Fo:mad:soon), WB, UPN, PBS, and the local KRON showing reruns of HDNet shows.

But, the HD Pack is defintely worth $0 for six months. That's for sure.

With Direct TV there was NO down grade $5 fee if you did it on there web site.

I down graded, turned off the HD package, then 15 mins later after the system updated, I added it back and the Free for 6 Months was there.

No interaction with customer service needed. No $5 fee.

I am sure Dish will match this if you just ask.

GaryPen said:
But, the HD Pack is defintely worth $0 for six months. That's for sure.

To you ofcourse. For me, I enjoy what HDNet offers and DiscoveryHD. Just watched a nice IMAX show this morning. I also have HBO-HD. Also was really nice during the NBA playoffs and I am sure I will enjoy the extra HD content during the NFL season.

I think it is worth the extra 10 bucks, but that is me. Everyone will be different. However, HD content is still spotty in terms of compelling so if you are expecting every program on ever HD channel to be true HD, you will be very disappointed.

If I didn't get so much HD content OTA, the HD Pack would be a better value for me, I'm sure. I enjoyed most Discovery-HD programming, and some HDNet stuff. But, at the time ESPN-HD looked like sh*t, HDNet Movies showed the same handful of mediocre movies over and over, and there was no TNT-HD. Plus, the 811 would always piss me off with it's..ummm...quirks and idiosyncrasies.

But, for $0, I'm in! (Or, I'm down! Whatever those young whippersnappers are saying nowadays.)

GaryPen said:
If I didn't get so much HD content OTA, the HD Pack would be a better value for me, I'm sure. I enjoyed most Discovery-HD programming, and some HDNet stuff. But, at the time ESPN-HD looked like sh*t, HDNet Movies showed the same handful of mediocre movies over and over, and there was no TNT-HD. Plus, the 811 would always piss me off with it's..ummm...quirks and idiosyncrasies.

But, for $0, I'm in! (Or, I'm down! Whatever those young whippersnappers are saying nowadays.)
Actually I get a lot of OTA content too. Guess I am a more.. more.. more... type of guy... Guess I should follow that with a Rebal Yell!!

Since much of our viewing time is spent with DVD's, we really don't require more more more from our DBS provider. Although, we would like less fat, and more lean beef from Dish. While Dish does provide two very important channels for us, WPIX and TVJapan, DirecTV has quite a few we would like to have for the same $40.
It will be interesting to see what new channel offerings D* will be adding with their new sats. I would imagine TVJapan is a real possibility. Although, I don't hold out much hope for WPIX. (From what I've read, Dish may have to drop the Supers at year's end, anyway.)

GaryPen said:
Since much of our viewing time is spent with DVD's, we really don't require more more more from our DBS provider. Although, we would like less fat, and more lean beef from Dish. While Dish does provide two very important channels for us, WPIX and TVJapan, DirecTV has quite a few we would like to have for the same $40.
It will be interesting to see what new channel offerings D* will be adding with their new sats. I would imagine TVJapan is a real possibility. Although, I don't hold out much hope for WPIX. (From what I've read, Dish may have to drop the Supers at year's end, anyway.)

Well we can hope for JapanTV. I also have this one and is the main reason I have Dish. If DirecTV was to get it, I would consider a switch and make an evaluation at this point. But since no JapanTV, I don't even consider it. The Mother-in-Law would have my head if I took away her JapanTV. :)

Looks like the promotion has been delayed.

Dear DISH Network Retailer,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the 6 Months Free of HD Pak promotion has been delayed until September 1, 2004. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please tune into the upcoming Retailer Chat on August 31, 2004 for any further details.

Yup I just got this email as well...

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the 6 Months Free of HD Pak promotion has been delayed until September 1, 2004

I wonder what "unforeseen circumstances" they are talking about?? :shocked

Could this be that the promotion isn't "compelling" enough to do on the 25th? :D

Hmm. I just did a Dish it up! promo and received a 510 & a 811. I was told to get the 811 I had to subscribe to the HD Pak, at least for a month. I didn't really quibble about it since I was thinking about getting it anyway. Maybe I'll go ahead and cancel it and see if I can re-up under this promo :p

Well from what I understand, myself and the others under the one year 811 contract are out of luck. This is really crap and I hope they change their mind. When I call to cancel in seven months and they want the reason I am cancelling, I am going to forward them this post.

Maybe I will call them and tell them to drop everything except the HD pack and tell them that I am cancelling the HD when my commitment is up. They would wind up losing money from me if that is what I deciede to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)