6 Month Free HDTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Neutron said:
Good, a dealer is confirming this.

What about us who already have the HD pak? Can we get in on this deal or are we screwed?

Good question. Does anyone know the answer?

Its for EVERYONE, if you have the HD pack now you just need to agree to a 1 year commitment on the HD pack. :)

I told the wife and she's definately happy about this. This will save us $11 a month of our bill for 6 months anyway. Makes paying for the Premier package a little easier.

It says Any residential customer who activates the DIRECTV® HD Package between August 5, 2004 and December 31, 2004, and commits to one year of any DIRECTV® TOTAL CHOICE® programming package will receive the first six months of the DIRECTV® HD Package free.
Does that mean current HD package customers can't make use of this offer by making the commitment for 12 months?

RAD, yes, us subs who already have the HD pak can get in on this deal. We just start a commitment over.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Its for EVERYONE, if you have the HD pack now you just need to agree to a 1 year commitment on the HD pack. :)

Hmm, I'm still waiting on my call from DirecTV to switch over, but when it does, I'll jump on this like hot lightning, and then I'll probably subscribe to HBO with the money I'll be saving, as I've been wanting to check out HBO-HD!

However, if I get a DirecTIVO right after I do this, will I have any problem activating it with the $99.00 deal at Circuit City?!

~Alan

I don't think Directv has any problems activating as many DTivos as you want if you buy them at CC or BB. The only issue I've heard is they only allow you to get one a year from them directly.

Neutron said:
I don't think Directv has any problems activating as many DTivos as you want if you buy them at CC or BB. The only issue I've heard is they only allow you to get one a year from them directly.

OK, good! I didn't want to agree to a year's commitment, and then get a DirecTIVO and get charged extra for the receiver since I was already under a commitment. OK, that sounded stupid, but you get the point!

~Alan

When I got my deal on my HD receiver I was already under a one year commitment from my initial install. All they did was start my commitment over at a year again.

They will do the same when I call tomorrow. Since I've only had this receiver for a week that won't hurt my feelings one bit.

If they give you trouble ask for a supervisor, but I don't think they will give you any hassle over it, after all, they will get an extra $5 out of you per receiver per month.

Neutron said:
I have activated and deactiavted 7 D tivos in the last 5 months ... hack & sell :)

First post here. I just ordered a HD receiver on Sunday. The install is for tomorrow, August 5th! I guess thats called good timing!

I just called and went to supervisor level and they have no idea what I am talking about will try again latter today.

I just got off the phone with D* and the CSR didn't know about the promotion however he was willing to give me a 6 month credit of HD anyway.

Oh just because you have CBS-HD doesn't mean you don't need to apply for the NBC-HD as well.

I'm having a difficult time getting this too. So far from the first CSR I've been told that they dont have it in their system and doesn't know what I'm talking about. So now I'm on hold waiting for a CSR in customer installations since I was told they take care of HD orders.

Okay, I'm still on hold. I did talk to the CSR that's in installations and she's telling me that she thinks its an independant dealer that is offering the 6 months free HD pak deal if you commit for a year. She asked me what phone number was on the paper and I told her I didnt know off hand.

So that's two CSRs that don't have a clue what I'm talking about. I'm on hold while she researches this and asks a supervisor.

This is just a little frustrating. Has anyone else gotten through on this?

UPDATE: She just came back on the phone and told me that yes this is an independant dealer offering this, not Directv themselves. WTF??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)