6' Panel Dish with Feedhorn?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Vis a vis converting the WNC to 18V only lnb inputs, you don't actually need to convert both sets if you don't want to. Mine is setup with 18V on both 0Khz inputs, but the standard 13/18vdc on the 22khz inputs, to facilitate a standard Ku lnbf. I only needed one resistor added ! :)

Vis a vis converting the WNC to 18V only lnb inputs, you don't actually need to convert both sets if you don't want to. Mine is setup with 18V on both 0Khz inputs, but the standard 13/18vdc on the 22khz inputs, to facilitate a standard Ku lnbf. I only needed one resistor added ! :)

Thanks a lot for your help. I ordered the Chaparral Single ortho feed and I got two Norsat 8115 LNB's to go with it. They were a little bit more expensive than the EBay ones but I knew the dealer that I got them from and I got him to give me a pretty good deal on it.

Can you tell me what wattage of resistor you used? Also where did you get yours? Thanks

Thanks a lot. I found those first with a Google search. Thought they might work, but I wanted to make sure.

I thought I'd share to the users here how I solved the H and V switching problem on my orthomode feed, 1.8 m C-band setup. I feed cables to each of the Norsats into their own tuner. I tweaked the sources.conf and transponders files to think they were separate sats. I set both to H to get 13V DC. In the tuners setup, just scaned for h transponders or v transponders separately. Some times some sats have nothing on one of the polarities or I cannot get any channels. I had a conical Scalar but something funny happened the other day. I was having trouble getting a particular signal on 107W. Well conical fell off and the station got a lock--one of those DVB-2S transponders that can be hard to get on smaller C-band dishes. Anyway now it off indefinetely. full_dish.jpgh_v_cvr.jpgh_v_lnb.jpg

Climy

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts