6000 Quide Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Shichonni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
I have a question that is of concern. I have the 6000 w/ the 8VSB cartridge to get my OTA channels.

When I watch the OTA channels for a long duration. I lose my channel guide and the receiver has to reacquire them and I can't do anything to the reciever until it's re-acquired. Software update?

Is this a problem that users of the 6000 have to deal with or can it be corrected? It's not really a problem than it is of a major annoyance!

-Shichonni

:x

Shichonni said:
I have a question that is of concern. I have the 6000 w/ the 8VSB cartridge to get my OTA channels.

When I watch the OTA channels for a long duration. I lose my channel guide and the receiver has to reacquire them and I can't do anything to the reciever until it's re-acquired. Software update?

Is this a problem that users of the 6000 have to deal with or can it be corrected? It's not really a problem than it is of a major annoyance!

-Shichonni

:x

Yep, that's how the old 6K worked and due to not enough memory in the box there won't be any updates to fix that.

The program guide was one of the MAJOR reasons I got the 811, too bad the 2 day program guide hasn't been implemented there yet and I still have the same problem. At least Dish says the 811 will get the upgrade in the near term.

That's a bummer.

Another peculiarity with the 6000 is this. When I switch to a local digital channel, I can't get a signal. So, I switch to a HD channel i.e HB0-HD then switch back to the local digital channel and I get a signal. Does anybody else have this problem...I can't figure out how I found this out. But it seems I have to "jump start" my local digital channels with Dish's HD channel to get the signal....just very weird

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts