61.5 only on E arc ?

charlieshan

May 18, 2011
When Dish came out to change my service over so I could pick up local HD, the tech could not make the install due to tree obstruction. So I've just had to live with SD local and major network service. I can get ABC & NBC digital out of the air with antennae, but it bothers me that I pay so much for the service and are unable to get it. I'm now going to purchase an additional dish and add to another property I have that should have clear line of sight for either EA or WA. My question is my locals are on 61.5W transponder 26, so which reflector should I buy, the new EA with the offset, or will the old type work? Do I need a 1000.2 or 1000.4? Or what do I need? Thanks everybody!

Typically you'd jettison WA and just get an EA dish for everything. The original EA dish is the 1000.4, but there is now also a 1000.2EA LNB that might work just as well if you relocate your 1000.2 dish.

How long will the run be from your other property?

First, tell us exactly what you now have.

If your SD locals are on WA and your HD locals are on 61.5 (not that uncommon), get a dish pointer app for your smart phone and see if there is a place on your property not too far from the house where the 61.5 satellite can be seen. Alternatively go to Dishpointer.com and try their method.

If you currently have a 3 lnb dish (with all 3 lnb's evenly spaced inside one fairing) pointed south-westward, you probably have a D1000.2, which can simply have another lnb plugged into it to be added as a side dish.

If you have had HD since the ViP622 days you may actually have and old D1000 that has 3 lnbs, but they are usually set up as a twin(two "eyes") and a dual (one eye with 2 outlets - I may have the description backwards, but you get the idea.

If you have a D1000, you should upgrade it to a D1000.2 then add the side dish - that's cheaper than adding a DPP44 switch that can handle 4 inputs that your D1000 cannot.

Hopefully there is a spot nearby that avoids the trees between you and 61.5.

Thanks for your replys. I ended up buying a new dish with 2 eyes that I assume are for 61.5 & 77. (1000.4?) Supposed to be what Dish is using on all new installs (?). Since I subscribe to "everything" Dish offers in programming, will I be able to receive all that programming on these 2 satellites, or do I still need to have another older one pointed at 110/119/129 on the new property? Dish list indicates my locals in HD are on 61.5. Thanks!

All US HD channels are available on the Eastern Arc, 61.5 and 72. If you have the 'everything' package you will receive all of it.

If it was 1000.4 EA then you would have three small eyes with two of them attached and one 6invhes away Two large separate eyes is a 1000.2 EA if it is 62.5 and 72.7. 77 is on the 1000.4 and is in most market not needed.

In my market (locals on 61.5) we only use the 1k4 for spainish hd channels.

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

Isn't there a two eye LNB for the 1000.4 now?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If it was 1000.4 EA then you would have three small eyes with two of them attached and one 6invhes away Two large separate eyes is a 1000.2 EA if it is 62.5 and 72.7. 77 is on the 1000.4 and is in most market not needed.

In my market (locals on 61.5) we only use the 1k4 for spainish hd channels.

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

in almost all markets the .4 east is used for spanish hd. as far as local it all depends i install for 2 diff markets and one 61.5 is only sat with hd locals.... the other market the locals hd and sd only come on the 119 if his installer said that he needs a 61.5 i would say get a .2 east but you shouldnt need to buy one dish should install it at no cost atleast thats what most of my customers tell me when i have to do this same thing for them

this is incorrect for local channels

The OP was very specific to the fact that their locals were on 61.5. I was addressing the OP, not you... ;) That said, you are correct, locals can be anywhere and it is important to know exactly where they are so they get the correct arc......

If you are facing LOS issues, I suggest to go with the 1000.4 version and point for 61.5 and 72 as primary. Since the reflector is bigger, the signals are better. I had the 1000.2 EA in Los Angeles and moved to 1000.4 in LA and the SQ went up by 18 percent which is big. Essentially it went from yellow to green.

if he doesnt have line of sight for entire east arch i would just install a 61.5 wing with a single lnbf with a .2 west all newer .2 west has a lnbf in port on the lnbf because has a built in switch in them that way he is still getting good signal from the 129 110 and 119 for all the rest of the hd channels and 61.5 for hd locals

if he doesnt have line of sight for entire east arch i would just install a 61.5 wing with a single lnbf with a .2 west all newer .2 west has a lnbf in port on the lnbf because has a built in switch in them that way he is still getting good signal from the 129 110 and 119 for all the rest of the hd channels and 61.5 for hd locals

If he can get 129, 110 & 119 then the wing for 61.5 is a good option for his locals. However he could always search for a CONUS or a spot in his area for locals on 129? I haven't seen 129 how it is with conus locals but that may be something to look at if you don't want to stick up multiple dishes. I personally have two on my patio just because of the 118 for internationals. Wish they replicated the internationals of 118 to 77 or 72 or 61.5 where they originally were in the first place to begin with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts