61.5 repoint to 129

englandman44601

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
alliance ohio
OK since they are trying to charge me 95 bucks to do this, how easy is it to do myself? And are the hd locals for cleveland on the 129. Last time i checked they weren't.

yes they are
SatelliteGuys.US - Dish Network ALL

129 TP1 has the Big 4 nets in HD

aiming the dish isnt that hard. At the top of the page is thelist. Click on the sat calculator part and enter your zip. It will show the angles and where to aim for all sats in the sky. 129 is listed. In Cleveland area 129 is lower angle then 61.5 is

I was editing my post when you responded...see above

If you're handy it isnt that hard. You'll need to adjust the elevation of the dish

not that I'm aware of

All national HD on 61.5 is on 129
some fo the Public Interest channels (9400 area) that are on 61.5 are on 129
HD locals for your market we confirmed are on 129

only thing might be your local RSN in HD but FSN Ohio is on both 61.5 & 129

the chart colors?
pink means its a DBS satellite (Dish or Bell ExpressVu)

22 degrees is very doable
247 magnetic is also doable. It would be WSW (straight SW would be 225 degrees)

I moved mine on Thursday... it wasn't that hard, but I was able to run a single cable through the window directly to my 311 so I wasn't looking @ anything but the dish I was aiming... I had a minor temper tantrum, but got a good lock, but talking to others here, my signal isn't as high as it should be, I'm going to investigate this weekend...

Don't do a check switch first until you have a signal.

Put the receiver on a transponder on 61.5 that is also active on 129 for HD 8PSK. Mark your settings on the pole so you can go back if you can't find 129.

Move the dish over watching the screen. It will say Wrong satellite, but that's ok. Just make sure it says 129. Tweak the signal and lock everything down.

Then do a check switch.

Don't do a check switch first until you have a signal.

Put the receiver on a transponder on 61.5 that is also active on 129 for HD 8PSK. Mark your settings on the pole so you can go back if you can't find 129.

Move the dish over watching the screen. It will say Wrong satellite, but that's ok. Just make sure it says 129. Tweak the signal and lock everything down.

Then do a check switch.

Ditto on the check switch afterwards... I did it first, with just the wing dish connected & it wouldn't let me select 129 in the point screen, it jumped from 121 to 148... I had to reconnect the switch, redo the check switch, then it put 129 back in the point selection... then I reconnected the single dish & started pointing :)

It lets me select 129 on the point screen. should i just turn it to that then point? if not which transponder should i use on the 61.5 point screen?

No. Your receiver doesn't know where 129 is in your switch matrix. It does know which cable to use for 61.5 though. So use that one.

Check TheList link in my sig. Find a TP that has national HD channels on it on 61.5 then make sure that TP is active with national HD channels on 129. Put it on 61.5 and slide 'er on over. Do not do a check switch until you see signal on your 61.5 screen saying Wrong Satellite 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts