61.5 to 129 for RNS-any loss

I live in East Tennessee and I have a SuperDish (110,119,105) and a seperate Dish 300 (61.5). Dish Network has scheduled a free service call for Friday to replace the SuperDish with a Dish1000, so I can get 129 for FSNS.
My question is will I lose any signal strength with the Dish1000? Currently I have NO problems with drop outs with my current set up. I plan to keep the Dish 300 at 61.5 for Sky Angel.
My biggest concern is all the issues I have heard on this form concerning 129.

I started this thread a few weeks ago trying to find out if location affected 129 signal strength, it does.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=92011

You seem to be in a good reception area (TN) so I wouldn't worry so much about it. If you get too low SS, have them repeak the dish. You should have good reception in your area.

I had a dish 300 looking at 61.5 and was very happy, but to get fsnmw I had to repoint. I had already purchased an I bracket some time ago and I had a dish 500 laying around. Its a little tuchie finding 129 but not to bad. Just look at your dish 500 looking at 110 and 119 the way its pointed and go west a little and down a little.

Is it true that there are hd channels on 61.5 that are not on 129. someone was trying to tell me I could get more hd channels than on 129. any truth to this.

The fish demo channel is all I could think of. Other than that all the HD Nationals are mirrored on both satellites. Of course, there are HD Locals on 129 that are not on 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)