612 OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rorshach85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Gotham City
Okay i have a 612 and Im trying to get ever feature out of it that i can. Ive already got an EHD to add more recording time, and now im thinking about adding OTA to add a third tuner. I know with a 722 you have to have an OTA module to watch OTA shows, but with a 612 is it built in? What steps do you take to add OTA and a third tuner to a 612?

It works about the same as, or not quite as well as, the tuner in a 722. ;) (I have two 612s and a 722.) All Dish tuners so far as I can tell are far less sensitive and far more prone to multipath than are the tuners in my TVs. Nevertheless, I use them all the time.

I use the built in OTA on my 612 for locals and sub-channels and have no complaints. All locals I should get, I'm getting with good signal strength. Good antenna in good reception area so ymmv.

All Dish tuners so far as I can tell are far less sensitive and far more prone to multipath than are the tuners in my TVs. Nevertheless, I use them all the time.

Yep. If a channel is just at a level where you can receive it on the TV directly, chances are the Dish tuner will not get it or at least not reliably. But overall no complaints, the integration is great.

I sure do miss my dual OTA tuners I had in my 722Ks (had 2.) Can't wait for the OTA to come out for Hopper. Shame it will only be 1 tuner. I wonder if they'll let you hook up more than 1 per Hopper. Oh well, if not, I still can get 3 since I have 3 Hoppers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)