612 system update

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Both 612's updated to L642 fromo L640. Any word on what if any real changes it made. I don't think I see anything as far as menu/guide is concerned.

Thanks, and I can confirm that! I had my audio receiver set to a "17" delay. I noticed today the sync seemed just a little out of sync all of a sudden. I found reducing it to "10" fixed it. I wondered why now all of a sudden I had to adjust it.....

I See a another "change." Years ago, in a world far far away ( :) ) fast forward and reverse was smooth on Dish receivers. Then it all went away. Fast forward and reverse become choppy, even would hesitate. This started back even before the present receivers. It may have had something to do with the TIVO dispute, not really sure. I thought when I went from my 508 to my 612 it would change but it didn't.

I just noticed today, and am just assuming the latest update had something to do with it, fast forward and reverse are back to being smooth, no hesitation. When switching between speeds it just goes to the next speed without sitting and thinking about it.... It also appears the skip forward/back does not get confused anymore when you go back, it does not go to the beginning like it sometimes did.

Last edited:
That's something neither of mine has ever done. I would do a memory dump.

Well I was totally surprised with this update!Finally fixed the HDCP issue via hdmi.No more component for 1080P movies.

I will give that a try. Does this delete timers? I had to do that years ago and can not recall.

Thanks!

I do not believe it will. I did it on one of my 612 receivers (for other reasons) and it did not erase them. It may take longer than normal to reboot, be patient.

I do not believe it will. I did it on one of my 612 receivers (for other reasons) and it did not erase them. It may take longer than normal to reboot, be patient.

I did the memory dump and that did not fix the problem.

DSCN0328.jpg

Well, that's special.... As I said, never had that happen. I assume you are not getting the warning to change the priority because of a conflict.

There is one thing that comes to mind. Have you been having any problems with populating the guide?

Well, that's special.... As I said, never had that happen. I assume you are not getting the warning to change the priority because of a conflict.

There is one thing that comes to mind. Have you been having any problems with populating the guide?

Well my mom said I was special when I was a kid, now I know what she talking about. LOL

No I have not had any problems with the guide. I have fixed the problem by skipping the shows that are scheduled at the same time. But, if I do a soft or hard reset the timers reset to having the conflict and try to record at the same time.

I am a little unclear as to how the third program is being added - are you trying to record a program when two others are already recording, and you get no warning? Is the receiver just making a recording on it's own? If you get the warning, what do you do?
All I can think of now is that there is a rouge timer that exists but for some reason is disconnected from the guide. If you are sure you usually have about 8 days of guide, then I would do the following;

Having tried a memory dump, and resets, etc... I would delete all timers. Then, do a reset either by the power button or unplugging it. Then, make sure there are no timers listed, or anything showing in the schedule to be recorded, or skipped etc... If a timer or something is still scheduled shows up, that might be the issue.

If there is nothing, next I would add timers. Try not to add time before or after it starts for now. Be on the lookout for times when you are trying to record more than two shows, another words know that you are adding a third program before you even try so you can be watching for the warning screen to prioritize. Do you get that screen?

If you get the screen and everything is working as it should, now go and add time before or after the show starts if you usually do that.

When I add a timer and there is a conflict I select to automatically resolve by priority. I did try a memory dump and that did not work. What I do do was delete the timers that are trying to record on the same tuner one at a time and added them back and that seemed to fix the problem.

Thanks for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts