622 Caller ID will not display

wtb955

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Northern, CA
Here’s the question. I have a good phone line into both my 622 DVRs, but the Caller ID will not display on screen. I have Caller ID from my phone company, so that isn’t an issue. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why? My apologies if this is listed somewhere else, but I performed a search and couldn’t lay my hands on it. :what Thanks folks!

actually i noticed my callerid has stopped working recently, i too have callerid from my phone provider and i have 2 622's with both phone and network connections. I thought it was a fluke. It was working and i i havent changed my settings or my phone connections and i know callerid is on from my telco because my other phones show it.
Are you using a network connection too, i wondered if that has made a difference

actually i noticed my callerid has stopped working recently, i too have callerid from my phone provider and i have 2 622's with both phone and network connections. I thought it was a fluke. It was working and i i havent changed my settings or my phone connections and i know callerid is on from my telco because my other phones show it.
Are you using a network connection too, i wondered if that has made a difference

I'm in the process of having my home rewired for data so I'll have to get back to you on that one.

If all else fails, unhook the phone line from the receiver and plug it into a phone that supports caller ID. Then call from your cellphone and see if the caller ID signal is making its way down the line to the phone. If it does, then either you need to do the Menu 6-1-2 thing or get that receiver replaced.

Thank you, yes they are enabled. However, I disabled them and re-enabled them. One 622 now works (but displays "out of area") but the other 622 still doesn't work. Intriguing huh?
if your system is not properly grounded to NEC, caller ID will not work on your sat. system

Ok, color me stupid. Explain NEC please. :confused:
National Electrical Code..Examples....All include and approved grounding block..
Ground to your home's main electrical ground at the meter. A cold water copper pipe..provided the entire water system in the home is copper AND the ground wire should be attached to the main cold water supply line to the home...The ground lug inside an Air Conditioning cutoff switch box..Or a grounding wire to the switchbox itself provided the box is metal.
An "electrical raceway" or conduit that connects to the meter..Provided the conduit is all metal...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)