622 DVR Question

BigTimMN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
Ok, i have heard mention of their being "3" tuners in the 622, and read somewhere in the past on here about being able to record 2 shows and still watch OTA.

Is this possible? If so how does that work?

I just noticed that with this new TV Season, I have a possible 3 show at once conflict that I dont want to sacrifice watching a show... Chuck, PRison Break and Big Bang Theory are all on at the same time... HOPEFULLY, one of them will not hold my interest and i wont have to do it more than once.. but i want to know if i can or not.

Ok, i have heard mention of their being "3" tuners in the 622, and read somewhere in the past on here about being able to record 2 shows and still watch OTA.

Is this possible? If so how does that work?

I just noticed that with this new TV Season, I have a possible 3 show at once conflict that I dont want to sacrifice watching a show... Chuck, PRison Break and Big Bang Theory are all on at the same time... HOPEFULLY, one of them will not hold my interest and i wont have to do it more than once.. but i want to know if i can or not.

There are 3 inputs on the 622: 2 satellite and 1 OTA. Since all 3 are active at the same time, you can record on all 3.

Ted

Just to reinforce the message - yes, I record 3 things at once quite often. With the new season coming up on the Networks, this is very handy.

Assuming you're close enough to receive Digital OTA channels from your local networks, just plug the antenna into the input on the back of the 622 (or 722), scan for local channels, and record away.....

Assuming you have a OTA antenna for the 3rd tuner and your HDTV has a built in tuner you can record 3 HD channels and watch a 4th off your TV's built in tuner as well.

Technology is wonderful. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)