622 Hdmi Dq

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
When watching The One Making A Music Star on ABC on my new 622, I have noticed that I can hardly hear the people singing. The Music is great, but the lyrics are nothing. They are basically mute from the music. I'd rather hear stereo sound than not be able to hear the lyrics when someone is singing.

Why is it like this. It comes thru the same way thru optical on my 5.1 reciever and speakers. I guess it could be coming like that from ABC, but when i switch to the satellite local from the ota local i can hear the people singing fine. And thru the RCA outs on the back watching thru component sounds fine as well. Why does the HD signal and the DD5.1 take certain sound out. It makes no sense to me. Other than that I love the sound from the HDMI. And the PQ over HDMI is noticabely better

I've had a few volume issues as well as quite a few sync problems on mpeg4 locals. As far as I can tell it is only an issue when hd content is being displayed. This is with hdmi, I will hook up components and see if I have similar issues.

I'm hesitant to blame this entirely on the 622. I only have an issue with the locals not with the other mpeg 4 channels nor with any of the non mpeg4 hd channels so it could be an uplink issue as well.

I suppose it could also be a problem with my tv's hdmi implementation. Interested to hear if others are having similar problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)