622 question about TV2 picture size (format)

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
I have a 622 and on TV 2 when I press the format button on the remote nothing happens.

On the TV1 when I press the format button I get choices like full, zoom, partial zoom but not on remote 2 for TV2. As I read the book I think I should be able to format TV2. Right now when I am watching TV2 in another room I'm stuck with whatever the format is on TV1 in the main room.

Is this how it is supposed to work?

Sounds like you are trying to format an SD channel, which you can't. An HD channel can be made full screen from default letterbox.

I only run my 622 in single mode, but I have an SD display hooked to the TV2 output and I can most assuredly change formats on SD channels. In fact I've got to, since the default output is formatted for an anamorphic display. If I don't stretch it, SD channels are square rather than 4:3, and HD is full-screen but compressed horizontally. (There was one software version where SD was 4:3 and HD was letterboxed, but evidently people complained because the next version they changed it back. They really ought to make it user-selectable! I can't imagine that there are that many people with TVs that can compress the image vertically.)

I left out that I have the 622 set to dual mode.

My TV-2 set is a HD wide screen but all of the shows are cut off top and bottom if they fill the screen or streached and I have no control. At night I watch Fox on 205 and get the black screen cutoff on the top and bottom but that is the only channel and I can not change the format with the button on the remote ???

I just put mine into dual mode and you're right, you can't adjust the picture size on TV2. However, everything, both HD channels and SD channels, looks fine on a 4:3 TV.

It sounds like you need to investigate the picture size modes on your TV.

I just put mine into dual mode and you're right, you can't adjust the picture size on TV2. However, everything, both HD channels and SD channels, looks fine on a 4:3 TV.

It sounds like you need to investigate the picture size modes on your TV.

On my 722, HD channels will go full screen from letterbox on TV2. (Just did it to make sure). As I said earlier, SD channels won't...nothing to adjust.
You are right about the OP needing to adjust zoom on his TV.

My TV-2 set is a HD wide screen and no adjustment I make on it's format fixes the issue. Sort of sucks I guess. My old 508 was fine!

I thought perhaps my 622 was not working correctly.

Thanks for the tips.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)