622 rebooting constantly, time to replace

StanUbankit

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Baytown TX
622 was installed in June 06 (replaced a 921), been a good performer until a couple of weeks ago, then started rebooting on it's own like it was possessed:mad: There was no rhyme or reason that I could figger out (ie, happened while watching live, happened watching a recording, etc.); the problem seemed to allmost go away (just happened a few times over the last 10 days), then yesterday it went beserk! Called tech support, their last hope was to plug the unit directly into the wall outlet (bypass the surge protector), unit worked for about 20 minutes before rebooting. Called tech support today, Charlie is gonna send a replacement out, I'll have ten days to get the defective unit back before I get charged for it (is a leased unit). I did notice on the first call to tech support that they checked the unit was plugged into a phone line (I could hear the "static" on the line while I was talking, lasted about 10 seconds); also does anyone know if in the diagnostics menu it shows how many times the unit reboots by itself, one of the counters I noticed was (I think) the "AC Power HD/HW" (something like that) was 50?
Told the wife to watch her recordings 'cause they'd be gone soon, her question was "aren't these dvr's supposed to last longer than this?", shrugged my shoulders on that:eureka
Hope the replacement works as well as this one did before it started crapping out, now I've gotta remember to set the timers for all our shows, at least with NBR it's a lot better than without:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)