622's are not dead...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frank7004

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
Indiana
I noticed today that our weekly shipment of goods included 2 pallets of 622 rcvrs.

I've read some posts of people claiming that the 622 is dead....I'm here to report that is untrue. 622 rcvrs are alive and still being installed today, as I'm sure by Saturday I will be putting one in someones home.

Other than having no sling capability and a slightly smaller hard drive, and the decrepit HDMI jack if that hasn't been fixed, what's the difference between the 622 and the 722 non-K?

I'm presuming they are not new units, but refurbs? With so may MPEG2 receivers out there, why should Dish throw out a perfectly good MPEG4 DVR? The 622 should be the replacement going forward of the 522/625s. MPEG4, HD capable for when people want to make the switch, and plenty of SD recording capacity.

I've had nothing more than a 622 in 4 years of service, and have only once had a problem, after which Dish gladly swapped for another 622, which also worked fine.

Glad to see this from here. :)

We have a 622 and 722 and are perfectly satisfied.

No desire at all for anything beyond these for us.

I guarantee they are all refurbs. That's probably the case with the 722 (non K) as well by now. While opinions vary on refurbs (I can remember a horrible batch of 625 refurbs), I've had a refurb 622 going 3 years now that has been an absolute work horse.

It would be nice if you ordered an HD DVR you always got a 722 or 722k. Dish could use all the referbed 622 to replace any SD recorder that breaks.

Up until now the 622 and 722 have been classified in DISH's systems as being the same family. However I understand they are doing some major updates at DISH and will soon classify 622's the same family line as 612's. This means in the future when you order a 722 you will get a 722.

For some it may sound like a small change but behind the scenes its a major change.

I'm presuming they are not new units, but refurbs? With so may MPEG2 receivers out there, why should Dish throw out a perfectly good MPEG4 DVR? The 622 should be the replacement going forward of the 522/625s. MPEG4, HD capable for when people want to make the switch, and plenty of SD recording capacity.

I've had nothing more than a 622 in 4 years of service, and have only once had a problem, after which Dish gladly swapped for another 622, which also worked fine.

I'm just saying the 622 should be advertised on the Dish Network website,even better put them in a black case so they will blend in with the other DVRs and yes I have had the 622(and still do) which the one issue I had was the side by side PIP didn't work correctly.:what:eureka

Up until now the 622 and 722 have been classified in DISH's systems as being the same family. However I understand they are doing some major updates at DISH and will soon classify 622's the same family line as 612's. This means in the future when you order a 722 you will get a 722.

For some it may sound like a small change but behind the scenes its a major change.

This is a great idea one that should have come long ago.I would extend it even further say for those who own their 622 and are not using them? Have in place a receiver recovery program.Say for maybe some programming credits you could turn in your 622 for a programming credit?.Of course you would not get what you paid for it,but to receive something in exchange.Then Dish Network could have a decent supply of 622s?.

This idea has been going through my mind ever since I upgraded to the 722k.;)

Honestly its because of the new Sling Adapter of why its being done. They expected the Sling Adapter to work with the 622, but in testing found that when the receiver tries running background maintence (such as updating guide, checking timers, checking internet connectivity, etc) that the Sling would not function without a lot of stuttering and dropouts. This is why the Sling Adapter is now only for the 722's as its processor is the next geneeration and that issue does not happen on the 722's.

...Guess India can't keep up with the demand?.:eek:;)
I believe my 622 was "hecho en Mexico". Not sure where the 722s originate...

My (owned) 622 was replaced almost immediately due to its dead HDMI port with a "D" version. Somewhere over the past year or so that port on my current receiver has also gone belly-up. I think I'll replace it, but before I do I want to move what I have recorded onto an EHD. I'll wait until the free activation begins in Feb. before connecting one however. I'll also have to remove the internal heatsink and fan I provided to help cool-down the main Broadcom chip, easily reversible...

Honestly its because of the new Sling Adapter of why its being done. They expected the Sling Adapter to work with the 622, but in testing found that when the receiver tries running background maintence (such as updating guide, checking timers, checking internet connectivity, etc) that the Sling would not function without a lot of stuttering and dropouts. This is why the Sling Adapter is now only for the 722's as its processor is the next geneeration and that issue does not happen on the 722's.

Scott what about the 922 processor?.Is that next next generation?.:confused:

There are also those subscribers who don't care about sling so this would give them an option to go to?.;)

...Have in place a receiver recovery program.Say for maybe some programming credits you could turn in your 622 for a programming credit?.Of course you would not get what you paid for it,but to receive something in exchange.Then Dish Network could have a decent supply of 622s?...
I'd like to see a trade-in value offered for owned 622s toward a 722. I'd consider the upgrade to get the sling capability, for future whole-home viewing options. (My slow DSL obviates any hope on my part of being able to watch my HD library remotely.)...

I'd like to see a trade-in value offered for owned 622s toward a 722. I'd consider the upgrade to get the sling capability, for future whole-home viewing options. (My slow DSL obviates any hope on my part of being able to watch my HD library remotely.)...

In my idea the receiver you receive would be a lease with 24 month commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts