625 hard drive failure

lbautore

Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
Michigans U.P.
I have a dish network 625 receiver with error code 0521 and clicking. I dont own the receiver, but want the cheapest repair. Will hpp cover this receiver without sending a tech I have to pay for?

Yes the DHPP (Dish Home Protection Plan) does cover leased receivers. What dish will probably do is ship you a receiver. Which you will be expected to hook up your self, then call to have the new receiver activated. After the new receiver is activated you are to pack the old receiver in the box and put the the return ship label which was in the box on the outside of the box and drop it of at a UPS pickup location (like staples).

Dish frowns on that but yes. You will have to make two phone calls one to add on the DHPP and one to get the receiver replaced they can be placed on the same day. Just note that you will have to keep it on your account for at least three months be for can cancel it or will be charged a $30 penalty.

Last edited:
Dish frowns on that but yes. You will have to make two phone calls one to add on the DHPP and one to get the receiver replaced they can be placed on the same day. Just note that you will have to keep it on your account for at least three months be for can cancel it or will be charged a $30 penalty.
Its $25 to cancel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)