63W Ku SCETV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Unless people are typing in the wrong freq (I think Keith's freq in msg 8 is closest to being correct), perhaps the footprint isn't as good as listed in the document.
Here in Maine, I get a fairly good signal on the 90CM Fortec, which isn't a particularly good dish (plus after my motor problems I just pretty much threw it up via pencil marks on the mount, so it isn't even perfect alignment). So if the footprint map was correct, you'd expect people out west to get it just as good as I do.

I have had these channels locked into my Coolsat 5000 using a 76cm Winegard dish in eastern Nebraska. They were very low power and would not be very stable. I usually detected the signal quality on the 5K between 63-66%.
same here in MN

The satellite was Estrela do Sul when I had these channels locked in. Now I see that it is Telstar 14, so I do not know if they are still there or if their power level has changed for the better or the worse. I cannot seem to locate them with my AZBox and a 1.2M dish.

RADAR

same satellite actually. I'm using a 90cm and can barely get them

No dice here in central New Mexico. I've tried a variety of frequencies and still no good. Is there a "strong transponder" on this satellite? I think my aim might be a little off.

Oh, one more thing. Lyngsat has the SR @ 4340. I take it that's wrong?

Oh, one more thing. Lyngsat has the SR @ 4340. I take it that's wrong?

There appear to be two signals right next to each other on the BLSA. First might be 11957V 4340 (I can't lock it) and 2nd is the 11966V 11280 with 10 channels. My Twinhan's tuner is fairly tight and 11966 seems to be the best signal quality. Many receivers will wander around looking for a signal to lock onto. That is why everyone is reporting numbers all over the place. :)
My signal is not above threshold here in the Bay Area. I have had better signal in the past, but right now just can't get anything. I don't believe this transponder's signal matches the coverage map at all.

There appear to be two signals right next to each other on the BLSA. First might be 11957V 4340 (I can't lock it) and 2nd is the 11966V 11280 with 10 channels.

Besides the 10 channel mux at 11964 V 11280, I also get SCETV colour bars (only thing I've seen on it) at 11955 V 2894, but it is a lot weaker than 11964, and don't get it in all the time (For example, right now 11964 is hovering between 20 and 25, while 11955 is jumping between 0 and 10 (and no picture).

It sounds like the spot beam might only cover the east and midwest regions. Thats too bad because I'm a PBS freak and would love to get the SC MUX.

Hmmmm... I wonder if a 120cm dish would help. :rolleyes:

Watched the History Detectives on SCETV’s channel 10 last night. What a great program, you really learn a lot about History. They had piece on the ammunition explosion in NY/NJ harbor during World War 1, by German saboteurs.

It sounds like the spot beam might only cover the east and midwest regions. Thats too bad because I'm a PBS freak and would love to get the SC MUX.

Hmmmm... I wonder if a 120cm dish would help. :rolleyes:

I get the 10 channel mux in NW Nevada with a Sig of 64% and Q of 56%. But thats on a 12' Dish

Just did a scan on 11955 V 2895 and it's a bit lower Sig 62% Q 45%

Last edited:
I get both transponders at 30% on my Pansat with my 1.2 Meter dish in Southern California.

I'll have to start working on the wife for a 1.2 Meter.;) I'm wondering if my problem is a LOS issue. I have a 10,378 foot mountain to the east. But at my latitude the satellite is @ 28.7 degrees so it might be possible. I guess I'll have to get out my survey equipment and climb up on the roof.

N5XZS, you are in Albuquerque too. Can you see this bird from your location?

Well I tried to get the channels the other night and had no luck at all...might be tree issues. Oh well I've got enought PBS already I guess. Blind

I was watching SC ETV and switched to Montana PBS and then DN PBS, found that Montana PBS has what looks like HD on SD receiver. Huge difference in quality of video.

Noticed that RTV East is better video then RTV West.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts