6412 Phase 3 HDMI Sound Problem

DVDDave

Original poster
Jan 15, 2004
Ever since I got my phase 3 6412 box and bought an HDMI cable a couple of months ago, I have been unable to use the digital input to my HDTV. As has been discussed on this forum before, any type of playback of recorded video through the HDMI output causes the Dolby Digital 5.1 output to stop working.

Comcast technical support is clueless about this. (As a matter of fact, they seem clueless about everything but the most basic questions.) Trying to convince them that downloading 12.22 of the firmware, instead of the old 12.18 that they are currently downloading, is useless.

As a workaround, I've been using the component output but I now need the component input on my TV for another purpose. Before I cancel Comcast and return to Dish network to get my system working again, I was wondering if anyone has heard any rumors that would give me hope that a fix is forthcoming.

Thanks!

--Dave

They can't just download 12.22. Every head end is a bit different. So, 12.22 has to be individually adapted for each area. They will get to you eventually. You've got your workaround, be patient, or not.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)