6412 Problem

glenn z

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
I recently started having the following problem:

My 6412 will lock up at 4:20 (am & pm) every day. I have tried leaving it on, turning it off, but same results. When I leave it on it will still show the channel I was watching but I can't change the channel or turn it off. I have to unplug the unit to get it to function.

Called support yesterday and they said they sent a signal to reset the box. No luck. Locked up this morning with the clock showing 4:20.

Any ideas?

There's a lot of info there, but basically the reason it happens is that at that time of the day a signal is sent to the boxes that basically sets/updates your DVR schedules. If there's something weird or invalid in your future recordings or series recordings, it could lock up the box. In particular, if you modified the start or end times of any series recordings, it could cause this issue. To correct it, try removing the problem series recordings, and setting them up again without modifying start or end times.

I ended up doing a reset of the box and adding my series recording without extending the end times. It didn't reset this morning so that was likely the problem. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)