70+ HD Channels in Engineering Mode

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There are no channels uplinked (the satellite is moving) what the person is seeing is guide data which is being sent.

So far he is not seeing any new channels.

There are no channels uplinked (the satellite is moving) what the person is seeing is guide data which is being sent.

Thanks for the simple straightforward explanation. Sometimes we lose sight of the fact thata newbie amy not understand.

Here is a list of what tiers the new H/D
channels are going to(as posted by VeniceDre at DBS talk:
Family:

Disney, Food, HGTV, National Geographic, Nickelodean, Science, Weather, Toon Disney.

Choice:

A&E, ABC Family, Animal Planet, Big Ten Network, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CMT, CNBC, Discovery, Discovery HD Theater, ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN News, FX, Fox Business, History, MTV, NFL, Sci-Fi, Spike, TBS, The 101, TLC, TNT, USA, VH1.

Choice Xtra & Above:

Biography, Chiller, Fuel, National Geographic, Science, Speed, Tennis, Versus.

DirecTV HD EXTRA Pack

HDNet, HDNet Movies, Universal, MGM, MHD, Smithsonian

As you can see there is a new tier called HD EXTRA Packat 4.99 a month fo 6 channels that are not simulcast. It seems existing HD access customers will get grandfathered into the EXTRA tier, new customers will have to pay the 4.99. Not exactly clear.

29 RSNs in total, 11 Fulltime, 18 Games only.

The List covers all channels DirecTV has the carriage rights to going into 2008 so not all channels will light up at once.

Oh, by the way... September 19th seems to be the offical launch in the paperwork.

Hello all,
no new channels on my hddvr but i now have starz hd and cinemax hd along with sports hd listed on my bill. No charge as it says included with pack. called to ask questions and was told by a rep that the channels would be showing up very very soon, when i tried to get a commit date she just said you may be able to watch prime time tv on thursday but made it a point to say this was not a promise but they are testing "as we speak" the 15th is looking good

ok, how do you guys get those channels that directv is testing WITHOUT breaking the law (you know what I mean)?

ok i see the test channels on my receivers but how do they know what is being tested on those 10-15 test channels in the 400s?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)