70+ HD Channels in Engineering Mode

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It could also be the trucks being used to process the data (these are mostly rented/leased by the sports departments/studio since it is easier to deal with a local truck/production company tha to drive your own truck across country all week long to each different event...also it is cheaper than owning your own fleet of trucks), the producers/directors who are running the show who have "different eyes" for the PQ, the varying uplink quality from said trucks, or the different cameras used. So many variables from live action to shooting to processing to posting to downloading to displaying. Any one of those steps is out of whack, the whole show/event can look horrible.

Those cost extra for customers. I can't see D* launching channels that cost more money for their first BIG HD channel launch.Got to ease people into HD ,Before you Hammer them.
WHy not? That has been there MO nearly everytime in the past. HDPPV? STHD? All of these things were put ahead of picture quality and additional HD channels for the majority of HD subs in the past. Besides, StarzHD and CinemaxHD would simply appear at no extra cost for those already subscibing to those movie channels. It wouldnt cost extra, it would actually make those movie packages worth subscribing too.

Well they don't cost extra to those who already have the sd channels.

I would think they would pick a variety of premium, standard, and rsns to launch collectively first to showcase their futute hd offerings, but apparantly not.
You need the HD access package in order to get the HD version of the channel.Just because you have Starz pack doesn't mean Your getting HD channels.So it could cost anywhere between $18-$22 permonth depending on your other packs if any.I think they want to give $9.99 subscriber a chance for some good HD.After all Dish Charges $20 no matter what for the same HD,Or should say will be the same HD.

Last edited:
WHy not? That has been there MO nearly everytime in the past. HDPPV? STHD? All of these things were put ahead of picture quality and additional HD channels for the majority of HD subs in the past. Besides, StarzHD and CinemaxHD would simply appear at no extra cost for those already subscibing to those movie channels. It wouldnt cost extra, it would actually make those movie packages worth subscribing too.
You must be thinking of Dishnetwork. I found that out in 1 month with their service.

You need the HD acess package in order to get the HD version of the channel.Just because you have Starz pack doesn't mean Your getting HD channels.So it could cost anywhere between $18-$22 permonth depending on your other packs if any.I think they want to give $9.99 subscriber a chance for some good HD.After all Dish Charges $20 no matter what for the same HD,Or should say will be the same HD.

You need the HD access package to get the HD version of any channel that would be launched, so to a person that has Starz or any other movie channel that they may launch first it wont cost them any more to get those than it would to get a basic channel, which i think was the posters meaning,

You need the HD access package to get the HD version of any channel that would be launched, so to a person that has Starz or any other movie channel that they may launch first it wont cost them any more to get those than it would to get a basic channel, which i think was the posters meaning,
I understood fine. But the fact is You Need HD access.Which I already stated.But Starz and HBO are all additional costs to customers over the base packages.If you buy the Plus HD pack then you get All the HD channels except for the premiums and sports packs.What I'm saying is maybe Directv wants to give its customers some HD channels that don't cost more then the $9.99 per month First.Then If these customers like their new HD channels ,they will upgrade their package ,and say "maybe I will get the Starz pack since HD will be no additional cost over the Starz package price".Not everyone Has premium channels. IMO the lower package subscribers always get the short end of the stick,Maybe D* is trying to change that.

Question then ??? How much would it cost to Have Starz in HD on Directv.and How much would it cost to have History HD Discovery HD,ESPN in HD ?My point is if you have the package then yes it will cost no extra. IMO just be happy your getting anything right now.

I understood fine. But the fact is You Need HD access.Which I already stated.But Starz and HBO are all additional costs to customers over the base packages.If you buy the Plus HD pack then you get All the HD channels except for the premiums and sports packs.What I'm saying is maybe Directv wants to give its customers some HD channels that don't cost more then the $9.99 per month First.Then If these customers like their new HD channels ,they will upgrade their package ,and say "maybe I will get the Starz pack since HD will be no additional cost over the Starz package price".Not everyone Has premium channels. IMO the lower package subscribers always get the short end of the stick,Maybe D* is trying to change that.

Got ya, i was just backing up the guy that said someone that has HD and the premier or seperate movie channels it wouldnt cost any more.
But yeah ill be happy with whatever they roll out first. ITs all good!

I understood fine. But the fact is You Need HD access.Which I already stated.But Starz and HBO are all additional costs to customers over the base packages.
Not if you already sub to starz and HBO and are an HD sub already. The channels will just light up at no additional fee.

Not if you already sub to starz and HBO and are an HD sub already. The channels will just light up at no additional fee.
Hbo and Starz are Not free. If you would read my posts you would understand without a problem.They don't charge you extra for the HD channel in the Starz pack no. But the Starz pack isn't free. For Starz in HD if you have no other Premiums will cost you $9.99 for the HD access pack + $12 for the Starz pack that =$21.99. Ok now if you have HD Access and you want TNTHD it only cost $9.99. What you don't seem to understand is yes Starz HD is free with the Starz pack. But you still have to pay extra to get Starz pack.Not very difficult to understand. Directv maybe wants to give customers who only have Base packs,with HD Access some channels first,Because I'm sure more people subscribe to Choice ,Choice Plus and Plus HD ,Then Starz ,or any other premium packs. Stop with the crying over it already. You'll get them when you get them. You can do what I do then and get D* and E*,then you'll see the grass isn't any greener on the other side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vurbano

Hbo and Starz are Not free. .....

It would be pretty silly to expect that you'd get HBO-HD or Starz-HD by paying the HD access fee, without a subscription to HBO or Starz. Kind of like expecting free wheels when you buy a set of tires.

That said, you two are saying the same thing.

For once i agree and i dont think people are reading this right.
IF you ALREADY get starz or HBO and have HD access, then those channels getting put up will not cost you a dime extra.
IF you DONT then yes it costs more.

For once i agree and i dont think people are reading this right.
IF you ALREADY get starz or HBO and have HD access, then those channels getting put up will not cost you a dime extra.
IF you DONT then yes it costs more.

Yepp, people should read closer.

If YOU sub to HD and have a SUB to HBO or STARZ, the additional HD will be FREEEEEE.

Ok,
Now that everyone has said the same thing in a different way, I hope everyone understands the situation.
There will be a quiz later on.

Jimbo

I pay for HBO and Showtime just for the HD, do you think I should get the Starz pack before the HD channels are available? Or do you think the price will stay the same after?

I don't think the price will change. When HBO and Showtime had HD versions it didn't jump their monthly price. I think the HD versions are just part of the natural conversion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts