70+ more channels on W5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Reloaded my guide today my channel count went to 4903 on G1 went to W5 went up to 4976 There used to be a 3 or 4 number difference. Does this mean Motorola may be playing with W5 for the 4DTV after all?

After my master reset, I had TDT of 1750 and 4641 channels. After spending some time at W5 my TDT is now 1774 and 4810 channels.

Is it POSSIBLE that a software from Motorola could let our 920 and 922 receive the W5 channels for subscriptions? If that's possible then maybe this won't be in vain. Maybe Skyvision could reach the company and find out.

I thought the 920 & 922 could sub to the W5 stuff?

It can using the 4DTV EMM 4096 but that will go away. Seeing more channels mapped in the W5 maps tells me something is up, maybe good. 4160 is Comcasts EMM.

I thought the 920 & 922 could sub to the W5 stuff?

Yep. I have a sub to SyFy on W5 with my 922. Maybe this is some kind of workaround deal. I don't know all the in's and out's of this stuff. Obviously, getting subs to W5 could continue if the powers to be are kind enough to do so.

I don't think so since it will only allow subscriptions on W5. That has nothing to do with moving the dish.

On the 410s the satellite shows as AI (1?) when checking the "correct signal" screen in the menu. It used to show X4 before they remapped to C band.

Channel 200 is ALTV, which changed. It used to be different. IIRC 205?

The DMXs still play on the 410s today.

Been looking at this for about 30 minutes now. What's mapped in at AI on my 922 is the 410 channel map. It also is decoding the channels I pay for on the 4DTV. Looks like there is hope. DMX's are in the 900's

This would be good news. Now if we could also get them to do an HD type of service all over the arch I would be ok with that. Just need a bigger dish. I did get an email from Skyvision today wanting you to buy S2 equipment from them wich I thought was strange. Maybe we could see some sort of slaved CA system in S2 for hd? How cool would that be! Sign me up! I would pay for both D* and this just to get HD masters on my screen!

I have to do some testing but I think my guide is updating on AI now ??????

I'll check my guide later. My 922 is only subbed on W5 and only shows whatever limited program data is for the current program because it's on a fixed dish. I'll try AI tonight for fun. What's interesting is that should be the trickle stream.

My guide was empty. I kept my 4D from updating a couple weeks now. When I heard this I found AI in the maps since I did a soft reset last week and programmed it in at W5. And have been watching the 4D there for over an hour. My guide is updated like if I left it overnight on G1.

I think what is happening is what I was saying right along. There running the 4D's like the 921 on Shaw. They probably are doing testing as we speak since I was looking at the EMM provider line in Diagnostics A and my sub went black for a second and the FE98 0 changed to FE98 1 then back to FE98 0. It was like they sent a trip using Comcasts EMM to our boxes.

I'm a bit lost, sorry....what would I do to check this possible "gain" on my 922 4D, and...will it adversely affect my subs on W5 from SRL and my other satellite's subs/maps/availability? Don't want to lose my existing programming to an experiment.

Sorry to seem dense. Things seem to be moving rapidly here. Thanks for the posting and all the enthusiasm people are showing here! It's refreshing!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)