70+ more channels on W5

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am already with Comcast because I need the high speed internet, so I can live with them taking care of my sat programming!!

I do have a question though, I now have AI listed and mapped in, but how do I get the guide, if I just get the guide from G1 are they included?...I guess I can just go check that out, but just incase not what do I need to do?
Thanks
Terry

I've got AI tuned in and running.. This is looking promising :) I didn't need to 'warm boot' my receiver at all. The past couple of days I've had my model 922 turned off (in standby). When I turned the receiver back on, I went into the satellite programming menu and AI was in the list, right beside the W5 satellite. I programmed it in and am watching VH1 Classic on channel 234.

now if they could get the discovery channel on that sat I'd be set (AKA c4 600)
They do have the Discover suite, but thats different

I do have a question though, I now have AI listed and mapped in, but how do I get the guide, if I just get the guide from G1 are they included?...I guess I can just go check that out, but just incase not what do I need to do?
Thanks
Terry
I just programmed my DSR-922 for AI today but there were only 20 AI channels in the guide & these didn't change at all when I downloaded the guide from G1. However, the ones that were there would go to W5 channels when selected. The DMX channels seem to be in a hidden menu & I was able to get quite a few(I didn't go thru them all).
I'll put a splitter in my coax to see if I can add AI to my other 4200V, 905, 920 & 922. What the heck?:)

I'll put a splitter in my coax to see if I can add AI to my other 4200V, What the heck?:)
AI is only an icon for W5 that has the DMX channels which were removed from the W5 maps. IT IS NOT A NEW SATELLITE !
The DSR 4200-V has always been and still will be able to pick up the DMX channels on W5. You can look at it this way, the main receiver is on AI which is located at the same location as W5, if your on the correct polarity you will still receive the same thing on (W5) as you did before the AI icon was put out on your DSR 4200.

Stargaze I was under the inpression that you where able to get the entire guide for where the channels are located on AI, is this not so, or do you have the complete guide?
I understand that this is NOT a new sat but rather a re branding of W5, but the channel numbers are different, and I only list about 5.
Thanks
Terry

I switched my 922 over to the AI tile last night. No EPG changes only the channel number assignment for the 410 layout. It still only had the current program listed without any detail that it always had since it only sees W5. I use the guide only my 905 which sees G1 and the rest of the arc.

AI is only an icon for W5 that has the DMX channels which were removed from the W5 maps. IT IS NOT A NEW SATELLITE !
The DSR 4200-V has always been and still will be able to pick up the DMX channels on W5. You can look at it this way, the main receiver is on AI which is located at the same location as W5, if your on the correct polarity you will still receive the same thing on (W5) as you did before the AI icon was put out on your DSR 4200.
Yes I understood that the AI was only an icon. I have been following this thread closely.
My DSR 4200V was previously authorized but I had not connected it to any antenna since I received it.
BTW, the splitter did not work well so I connected the lnb to the 18v input of a zinwell 3x4 multiswitch, leaving the 13v & OTA inputs open. My Motorola DSR-922 becomes the lnb polarizer & antenna mover for other irds & stbs. The AI channels S&Q this way were 100 & 99 on the Moto DSR-922.

Last edited:
Stargaze I was under the inpression that you where able to get the entire guide for where the channels are located on AI, is this not so, or do you have the complete guide?
I understand that this is NOT a new sat but rather a re branding of W5, but the channel numbers are different, and I only list about 5.
Thanks
Terry

If your talking about the guide info from G1 well that is just some dummy info put out there to appease certain companies who have learned they can bully Motorola in what they can map in their DCII consumer receivers.
The first ones to do this was PBS back in 1998 or 1999.
I have not heard of anyone saying they have the real guide info for AI but one person said they were receiving a trickle down guide info. This may have been a 1 off thing as no one else seems to have been able to replicate this.
Only time will tell what will happen. If this is just some testing then anything is possible but you learn just not to worry about such things and never " look a gift horse in the mouth".

According to what I read at Satforums, Motorola's testing for Skyvision for the 4DTV is over and successful. So this is good. I wonder if they will leave AI in there as is or rename it? Some on Satforums are saying it messes with the Travel Channel mapping and Motorola said they will clear it up in 24 hrs. Those that want DMX to stick around and AI should keep our boxes protected from hits and maps for a few days. I don't know if AI will be official or remapped as something else later and will DMX be included.

You need to leave the dish on W5 to pick up the AI icon.
From what I have heard and seen, G1 is NOT sending out any mapping of the AI icon. G1 is however, putting out some test guide info on a few channels for the AI icon, but the guide info from G1 does not reflect the correct channels for the AI icon and this is done on purpose since Motorola is running some tests and may have already concluded them for allowing the DSR 922's to continue receiving programming from W5 after they shut off the consumer data-stream after December 31st.

According to what I read at Satforums, Motorola's testing for Skyvision for the 4DTV is over and successful. So this is good. I wonder if they will leave AI in there as is or rename it? Some on Satforums are saying it messes with the Travel Channel mapping and Motorola said they will clear it up in 24 hrs. Those that want DMX to stick around and AI should keep our boxes protected from hits and maps for a few days. I don't know if AI will be official or remapped as something else later and will DMX be included.

I seriously doubt they will remove the AI icon.
If this was just a temp thing then why go to all the trouble of mapping in all the DMX channels when all they really needed to do was to map in a single channel on W5 to run the tests on. I believe AI is there to stay but when they stop their tests then they will fix the maps being sent on G1. That channel you mentioned was never put in correctly to begin with so now they have to do it right.
I for one am going to leave one of my receivers on AI to see if it picks up the new monthly code on August 2 or 3rd, if it does it will be the first time on W5 for a 920 or a 922 receiver.
I think I'll try the 922.

If your talking about the guide info from G1 well that is just some dummy info put out there to appease certain companies who have learned they can bully Motorola in what they can map in their DCII consumer receivers.
The first ones to do this was PBS back in 1998 or 1999.
I have not heard of anyone saying they have the real guide info for AI but one person said they were receiving a trickle down guide info. This may have been a 1 off thing as no one else seems to have been able to replicate this.
Only time will tell what will happen. If this is just some testing then anything is possible but you learn just not to worry about such things and never " look a gift horse in the mouth".
Definatly not worried, and not looking a gift horse in the mouth, just wanted to make sure I was set up as much as possible, and up to date, thanks for the help and input.
Terry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)