7100/7200 Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Joe99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Massachusetts
So here is a question for those members who are familiar with these receivers. I have a few of these receivers that Dish asked me to deactivate in 2009.
My question relates to watching the recordings that are still on these receivers.
The full recordings are still on the receivers, but I can only watch the first 10 min. The receivers are acting as if I am in a free trial period.
In fact, these receivers did have a free trial when they first came out, but I activated the full option.
When I first deactivated these receivers, I was able to watch the entire recordings. Then after about a week, the receivers reverted to the 10 min. free trial mode.
Now these receivers had a series of codes that could be inputted through the remote.
My questioned is whether anyone knows of a code or other way for me to be able to watch the full recordings?
Any DIRT member have an idea?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I don't think that there's going to be anything that we can do that allows you to watch the full programs. They are obsolete receivers, so we're not able to reactivate them on any accounts.

This may be before my time with Dish, but I'm also not aware of any codes that we can put on an account that deactivates the ability of DVR functions. I do know that the DVR fee on the account carries EHD authorization for compatible receivers.

I don't think that there's going to be anything that we can do that allows you to watch the full programs. They are obsolete receivers, so we're not able to reactivate them on any accounts.

This may be before my time with Dish, but I'm also not aware of any codes that we can put on an account that deactivates the ability of DVR functions. I do know that the DVR fee on the account carries EHD authorization for compatible receivers.
Hi Matt,
No the codes I am referring to are internal to the receiver. Here is a list: Advanced Codes for the Dishplayer.
That list does not have the one that I need. I believe that the one I need does exist because I have a memory that Dish telephone support gave me one a few years ago when the receivers were active. It had something to do with telling the receiver to dump its memory. It was not a public code.
Again, it was entered by the customer through the remote. Nothing to do with the account.
Hoping you like a mystery, thanks.

Hi Matt,
No the codes I am referring to are internal to the receiver. Here is a list: Advanced Codes for the Dishplayer.
That list does not have the one that I need. I believe that the one I need does exist because I have a memory that Dish telephone support gave me one a few years ago when the receivers were active. It had something to do with telling the receiver to dump its memory. It was not a public code.
Again, it was entered by the customer through the remote. Nothing to do with the account.
Hoping you like a mystery, thanks.

Definitely was before my time here ;)

I'll do some digging to see if I can find anything

So, I wasn't able to find a code that does what you're looking for (I don't think there is one).

65026809 is the memory dump of the receiver but you will lose your recordings with this code.

32768 is also a memory dump, but only clears passwords, limits, and chan lists.

I don't think there's anything else that we can do to allow you to view the entire recording (besides get you newer receivers)

Joe99,
Just a wild idea, since these are old and unused receivers, why not pull the hard drives and see what you might be able to hook them up to. There may be something that could play what is on the drives. Then again, maybe not.

RT.

Ah, I remember those. I had a couple, glad I sold them when I did.

The 7100/7200 "personal TV" if not active would let you watch 10 minutes of a recording. Unfortunately activation on an account with the PTV option enabled is the only way to get past this, which Dish is not going to do. While I don't disagree with Dish on this policy, the least they could have done is pushed a "permanent PTV activation" code out to all of these boxes.

You might check the yahoo group "dishrip" - it seems they might have had some discussion years ago on retrieving recordings from the 7x00 file system.

Last edited:
pvr explorer may work on those units....it worked on the 50x series until the firmware went above p369
(sorry for the "hack" talk)

Well, there's hackery to steal service, and then there's hackery to extend or enhance equipment so that it does what the manufacturer was too stupid or lazy to implement themselves. The latter form IMHO is a noble and completely legal hobby, and I wish we saw more of it.

The trouble is, when you open hackery on an enhancement level, it's too easy to open it up for the illegal stuff.....

Well the worst that could possibly happen in this case would be that the OP would have access to a few very old recorded events, without the ability of getting more or newer ones. I guess he would then take all of those and put them on a torrent server somewhere because all of us are criminals until proven otherwise, under DMCA.

As pointed out in an earlier post, the software was by Microsoft and they did NOT share the code with Dish and MS was extremely Uncooperative with Dish when problems arose and MS made final decisions as to how the software would function and only MS could allow a "permanent PTV function," which they had no reason to do so just because they were a$@holes. Hey, Ultimate TV come out rather shortly after that ;)! What a coincidence! All Dish could do was forward all complaints and requests to MS and WAIT, sometime for MONTHS, for MS to deal with the software when they felt like it. Dish had absolutely NO CONTROL of the software and hadn't the means to alter it in any way. Charlie was PISSED! So much for partnering. This is also why Dish was NOT interested in a TiVo partnership when TiVo came a calling, still living the nightmare of the Microsoft partnership.

This is why Charlie had Dish develop their own "homegrown" DVR at a fair cost to Dish, but worth it to have total control when problems arose, and it has worked well for Dish in the long run. Yes, the first gen 501, 508, 510 were rudimentary, but the 721 was better and the 522, 625 much more like what we were waiting for.

There is still a dishplayer group on Yahoo groups. They can help you if anybody still checks in... There are ways to pull programs off of the dishplayer hard drives...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)