Install question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TCarson

Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I have a dish 500 dual lnb and a 722 reciever. Can i just run a line from each lnb to the back of the 722 and run an additional cable out of the 21-60 out to another tv and have both tvs working without using any switches or splitters?

TCarson said:
I have a dish 500 dual lnb and a 722 reciever. Can i just run a line from each lnb to the back of the 722 and run an additional cable out of the 21-60 out to another tv and have both tvs working without using any switches or splitters?

Yes. But if you arent getting your lnb's confused, a dual lnb only 'sees' one satellite at a time. Both tuners will work but you will only recieve one satellite.

But if what you are actually referring to is a dish pro twin, (has two 'eyes') then the answer is still yes. And it will pick up 2 sats.

Or are there 2 dual lnb's on this dish?

If thats the case then yes, one cable from each lnb will work.

"Yes" on the RF output. But what are you doing with a D500 going to an HD receiver? It very likely has a DishPro or DishPro Plus twin, rather than a "dual". Do you have a receiver connected now? What does menu-6-1-3 say about the device and switch? And satellites? Most HD channels are not on 110/119.

yes its a dish pro plus. has two outputs and one input i know I will not get hd but that is the box I have so I was going to use it. So each output carries both 110 and 119? I know the input is for a second dish which I will not use

Yup; the switch is internal. You can feed a 722 with one cable from your DPP twin using the separator that comes with the 722. Lots of missing HD though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)