Install question

TCarson

Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I have a dish 500 dual lnb and a 722 reciever. Can i just run a line from each lnb to the back of the 722 and run an additional cable out of the 21-60 out to another tv and have both tvs working without using any switches or splitters?

TCarson said:
I have a dish 500 dual lnb and a 722 reciever. Can i just run a line from each lnb to the back of the 722 and run an additional cable out of the 21-60 out to another tv and have both tvs working without using any switches or splitters?

Yes. But if you arent getting your lnb's confused, a dual lnb only 'sees' one satellite at a time. Both tuners will work but you will only recieve one satellite.

But if what you are actually referring to is a dish pro twin, (has two 'eyes') then the answer is still yes. And it will pick up 2 sats.

Or are there 2 dual lnb's on this dish?

If thats the case then yes, one cable from each lnb will work.

"Yes" on the RF output. But what are you doing with a D500 going to an HD receiver? It very likely has a DishPro or DishPro Plus twin, rather than a "dual". Do you have a receiver connected now? What does menu-6-1-3 say about the device and switch? And satellites? Most HD channels are not on 110/119.

yes its a dish pro plus. has two outputs and one input i know I will not get hd but that is the box I have so I was going to use it. So each output carries both 110 and 119? I know the input is for a second dish which I will not use

Yup; the switch is internal. You can feed a 722 with one cable from your DPP twin using the separator that comes with the 722. Lots of missing HD though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)