720P Question

M

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
Ok, there has to be SOME sort of scaling going on to make a 1080 signal a 720 display :). Uprez, downrez, upscale, downscale... I don't know :). All I know is what goes in is not what goes out, and that means at some point artifacts could be introduced. Now, obviously if your scaling is good it won't matter.

A

ahroberts

Mar 8, 2004
DarrellP said:
My Studio Experience 2HD projector (Sanyo Z2 clone), which is native 720P, will not accept a 720P signal from the Voom STB via DVI. I have not tried the Component output yet. It accepts 1080i, 480P and 480i but not 720P, but it will accept 720P from my Dish 6000 via a VGA/DVI adapter or Component.

I am pushing the red button and when the light bar that is 2nd from the top lights, I get no image. Going into the menu of my PJ show no signal. All other settings will show the proper resolution.

Any thoughts?

My sanyo PLV-Z2 works fine with Voom and 720p via component. Haven't tried it with DVI.

FWIW, I did extensive comparison between DVI and component HD on my Z2 with a Dish 811 HDTV receiver. The difference in PQ is insignificant. Thats why I didn't bother using the DVI output on the voom box.