720P Question

Ok, there has to be SOME sort of scaling going on to make a 1080 signal a 720 display :). Uprez, downrez, upscale, downscale... I don't know :). All I know is what goes in is not what goes out, and that means at some point artifacts could be introduced. Now, obviously if your scaling is good it won't matter.

DarrellP said:
My Studio Experience 2HD projector (Sanyo Z2 clone), which is native 720P, will not accept a 720P signal from the Voom STB via DVI. I have not tried the Component output yet. It accepts 1080i, 480P and 480i but not 720P, but it will accept 720P from my Dish 6000 via a VGA/DVI adapter or Component.

I am pushing the red button and when the light bar that is 2nd from the top lights, I get no image. Going into the menu of my PJ show no signal. All other settings will show the proper resolution.

Any thoughts?

My sanyo PLV-Z2 works fine with Voom and 720p via component. Haven't tried it with DVI.

FWIW, I did extensive comparison between DVI and component HD on my Z2 with a Dish 811 HDTV receiver. The difference in PQ is insignificant. Thats why I didn't bother using the DVI output on the voom box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)