721 receiver for $299?

AppliedAggression

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Connecticut
I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and they called me back today. Said I could go ahead and get the 721 receiver through them and all the included LNBs and switches (upgrading from legacy). He quoted me a price of $299 for the receiver because I didn't meet the promotional requirements? When I asked him what they were, he then said that the $250 price was only through dealers and that the price directly from Dish would be $299. He didn't charge me for shipping, and believe me, I know it's a great price, especially included all the extra equipment I need, but I haven't heard a $299 price tag anywhere on the forums. Anyone get quoted the same? Should I do anything? The order is already placed.

I went through Justin at MainStreet Communications. It was $249 + $25 shipping. I need to buy a SW34 which will set me back another $75.00 so I'm looking at $349. You're probably doing well with what you got.

AppliedAggression said:
the switch should be included in the installation at no cost..

I beleive you can only get any free switches through your orig. dealer or through DISH themselves. The promo also included FREE SHIPPING if you agree to C.C. Autopay, but you have to go throught your orig. dealer and if he doesn't feel like offering it to you he doesn't have to. Dealers are not making much money on this promo since they're selling this 721 to you at their cost.

styxfix said:
I beleive you can only get any free switches through your orig. dealer or through DISH themselves. The promo also included FREE SHIPPING if you agree to C.C. Autopay, but you have to go throught your orig. dealer and if he doesn't feel like offering it to you he doesn't have to. Dealers are not making much money on this promo since they're selling this 721 to you at their cost.

But aren't the dealers being reimbursed for the install? How much would this be, $25-$50?

dealers will be getting a payment for making the sale... if they are the retailer of record.. if not, they basically break even giving it to you for $249 plus shipping.

I'm still not clear on whether this promo includes the switch, if necessary. (I would need a DP34 to replace two DP21's.)

If the original dealer agrees to sell it for $249 (which many seem unwilling to do), does it include free install with free switch?

If purchased directly from Dish, would it include free install and switch?

What if it's purchased from either, but shipped or picked up for self-install? Would they still give the customer a free switch?

If my deal holds together I should have a 721 sometime in the next week. I have no dealer of record, as all of my purchases have been through Dish themselves. Might the dealer, whom I ordered the 721 through, get cold feet on this deal after he realizes he's not making any money, except for his install kickback? Does anyone know what install fee is payed to the dealer?

I won't need a switch. I have a Quad LNB with an extra output. Replacing the 510 will give me two feeds open for the 721.

after you email them, please let me know the price you're paying. i too have (2) 21 switches and needed a dp34 switch. they charged me $299 for the receiver and switches which they said were free. if you get the $249 price, i might just have to call them back.

I bought all of my equipment from different dealers, one of whom was DishStore.com. Can I get the deal from any one of them that is willing to give me that price?

Dealers -

Satelliteguy.com - 2000
Sears - 2001
DishStore.com - 2004
WalMart - 2004

I got the $299 price from Dish Network as well, but I was told that not all customers qualified for the $249 deal based on how long they'd been customers and what plan they have. In my case I'd only been with dish a year and half and only have the Top 60, so I wasn't too surprised to fall into the $299 bucket.

GaryPen said:
The advertisement on Tech Chat mentioned nothing about length of service! That is pretty sneaky.
All this 'deal' crap, and which retailer, and so forth and so on is ONEROUS!

Reminds me of how car dealers treated the public before they renamed themselves 'car stores' and such.

I agree. $249 is $249. It should be that way from every retailer, regardless of whether or not they were your original retailer, or directly from Dish. If they want to charge $24.95 for "handling" or whatever, waived with CCAP, thats fine.
There should be no variations in "includes free installation", either. Installation is installation. (Unless, of course, you need 300 ft. of cable fished throughout your house, or something like that. But, required switches have always been part of basic installation.)

I was given the $249.00 price with no tax or shipping charges direct from Dish. They also included a DP34 switch at no additional charge. I sent an E-mail to ceo@dishnetwork.com at 5:30PM and was contacted the next day at 10:15AM. They told me to call back after everything arrived to arrange the install. This won't be necessary as I already have the 2 lines run from 2 DP34's installed in my attic. The installer that recently hooked up my 921 said it wouldn't hurt to have an extra DP34 switch so I asked for it and they gave it to me at no additional cost. I subscribe to AEP + locals, Dish customer for 2 1/2 yrs, and C.C. autopay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)