722 and wireless ETH

i was wondering this myself i do not have a phone line at my house and i am sick of getting charge for it not being able to access the phone system. i have a usrobotics wireless router can i use the matching usb wireless adapter to plug into the usb port on the 722

i was wondering this myself i do not have a phone line at my house and i am sick of getting charge for it not being able to access the phone system. i have a usrobotics wireless router can i use the matching usb wireless adapter to plug into the usb port on the 722

ok nevermind i found the answer and the usb is only used for an external hard drive.

so my next question is will a wireless access point plugged in the lan port get a signal from the wireless router listed above

so my next question is will a wireless access point plugged in the lan port get a signal from the wireless router listed above[/quote]

I read somewhere on here, that this will work. They were using the AP as a bridge and also connecting a 360 to it. I was trying not to add an AP as I have used all my outlets up already. Dish needs to catch up to TIVO in this area.

I use a D-Link DWL-G730AP wireless pocket router set to client mode to connect my 722 to my network. It works very well.

so my next question is will a wireless access point plugged in the lan port get a signal from the wireless router listed above

Yes. I am using an Airlink101 ap431w access point (Access Points – AP431W) to connect my 622 to my wireless network. Works great. I actually have a second one of these upstairs for my Xbox360. Great little box for $30 (got it on sale at Fry's).

Another possibility to look into would be the use of a HomePlug Device. Since the 722 has HomePlug built into it, you will only need one bridge Located near your router. Only HomePlug 1.0 and HomePlug 1.0 Turbo devices are compatible with the 722, so do not order a HomePlug AV device as it will not work properly.

^^^ I 2nd the suggestion to use a powerline homeplug device over wireless client; I've tried multiple times to use wireless bridges and the receivers go offline all the time (after seemingly being "fine"), very unreliable.