722 DVR audio dropouts?

T

tsummerall

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 4, 2008
I have noticed frequent audio dropouts that last about a half second in DVR recorded materials on my 722.

My wild guess is that this happens when a video file is fragmented each time the drive head has to seek to the next segment of data.

Anyone else seen this? If my guess is right is there a defragmenting command?

SpencerCat

SpencerCat

SatelliteGuys Guru
Yep, I've noticed the same thing on my 622. The dropout isn't long enough that I miss anything significant, but it's still annoying. I hope the problem isn't an indication that the hard drive might be starting to fail.

C

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
On my DVR recordings on my 722k, after skipping through commercials, I do notice that it does take about a half second longer for the audio to come in.

whatchel1

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
I have noticed frequent audio dropouts that last about a half second in DVR recorded materials on my 722.

My wild guess is that this happens when a video file is fragmented each time the drive head has to seek to the next segment of data.

Anyone else seen this? If my guess is right is there a defragmenting command?

There is a running thread about the audio drop outs for months now (http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ns/184819-audio-dropout-problem-722-722k.html). Some of us have sent in info to E* to try and get to the bottom of the problem but so far still no fix. It is in all HD DVR's. Your wild guess is as good as any but the DVR's do a fschk (linux) over night when they update.