722 skipped recording restored by itself

robk299

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
Cahokia, IL
I've noticed recently that when I skip a program manually, after some time it gets restored.

I've also noticed that when I change the end time, it will revert back to the time that it was set for when I originally set the timer. For example, last weeks Terra Nova was on late because the local Fox station carried the Rams' mnf game, so I changed the end time for 90 mins only to find out it stopped 3 mins late, which is what I have the series set for.

Does anyone else have these problems? I have L722 on my 722.

cpdretired said:
When you skip a program marked as new the DVR will record it the next time it airs.

I understand that. What I mean is if I skip the 7pm showing, for some reason, it still records the 7pm showing.

I understand that. What I mean is if I skip the 7pm showing, for some reason, it still records the 7pm showing.
In your OP you said "after some time it gets restored." What happens is what cpdretired said...SAME show recorded at a later time.

Are you sure it was the 7 PM feed? If you manually skipped it, go back and check your daily timers. You most probably will see that the west coast feed (3 hours later) will have changed to Record. This also happens when there is a timer conflict.

KAB said:
In your OP you said "after some time it gets restored." What happens is what cpdretired said...SAME show recorded at a later time.

That's why I skip it, so it can record the later replay instead of the first airing. By "after some time", I meant after awhile. It turns out "after some time" is no more than 30 minutes of the dvr being off/in standby mode.

I haven't had that problem, but I have noticed that it will record the wrong show for some reason. I had mine set to record new showings of Storm Chasers. When I went to watch a couple or three weeks later, I had 3 shows all labeled SC, but when I went to watch them 2 of the 3 were Sons of Guns. What's up with that?

I haven't had that problem, but I have noticed that it will record the wrong show for some reason. I had mine set to record new showings of Storm Chasers. When I went to watch a couple or three weeks later, I had 3 shows all labeled SC, but when I went to watch them 2 of the 3 were Sons of Guns. What's up with that?

Same thing here with SC. Most probably Tribune Media Services screwed up. Looking at what's scheduled to be recorded for the next 9 days, I see that the behind the scene SC is scheduled again.

Yes, I've had this happen. I think that it happens after the guide updates if the guide info changes with the update.
It's very annoying to go through and set skips for the next two weeks, and then check it a day later and see that most of those skips have reverted back to records.

've also noticed that when I change the end time, it will revert back to the time that it was set for when I originally set the timer.
Ive seen that happen on the 211 too. Have had a football game set to extend for 30 minutes and sometimes it stops when the stock timer is set for (a minute after).

I also have the same problem. I have L722 on my 722 DVR. All of my timers are scheduled as weekly timers. I check that night's timers every day and when I see it is a repeat, I skip it. I also check the schedule right to the end of the guide and have skipped many shows due to so many repeats around this time of year. The next day, all of those skipped shows have been restored. This has been happening now for about 3 weeks.

Right now the skip function is useless.

yep I had that too.
There is a series show that is on Saturday nights and late Sunday night OTA. I wanted to record a hockey game OTA that was during that time. So I skipped the series recording Saturday and set the timer for the hockey game. A day later the hockey game was gone and the series was back

Got pissed and set the hockey game as the #1 priority...that made sure it recorded ;)

same thing here. Seems like it started when i got the L722 update. Now i have the broadband issue that came with the bbmp update and now this. I GIVE UP!!!

I have the same problem with my 922 every week with the tonight show, I record Mon - Friday because "Headlines" sometimes are done on a different night and then I skip the rest of week, they usually end up recording anyway.

I find annoying that if you change the option to say a few minutes late, more than you normally have set, after the nightly update it will be back to your standard extension. The only way around seems to be sure there is no update between setting and recording. This might mean you have to forgo an update or set it for the afternoon instead of overnight.

(Be warned, not updating will likely cause problems--maybe not the first night but it will catch you.)

"Why doesn't do what I want and not what it wants?"

-Ken

Ive seen that happen on the 211 too. Have had a football game set to extend for 30 minutes and sometimes it stops when the stock timer is set for (a minute after).

On my 722K extended programs never record right and always stop at the regular time too. I like all the corny shows on TruTV like Hardcore Pawn and World's Dumbest. They always play back-to-back episodes, so I would set the timer for the first episode, then manually change the timer to go an extra half hour or hour and record the second episode also. The recording would always stop at the end of the first episode instead of going on and recording the second one. It's really aggravating sometimes when the second episode was supposed to be a good one.

dang it...did it again on the 211

There is a series show that is on Saturday nights and late Sunday night OTA. The issue is there is no date on the guide data so even if you say "new only" it records both. So last night I went in and skipped the Sunday night showing yet this morning its back :mad:

Checked both my EPG and Discovery's schedule and the Behind The Scenes episode is scheduled for 7PM Mon 12/26.

There was another glitch today on 193 Science Channel. For 3 hours, it listed Mythbusters for 30 minutes then How it's Made for the 2nd 30 minutes of the hour.. Mythbusters actually went the full hour.

I have not had the problem of restored recordings of shows that I have manually skipped on my 722 with L722 software.

Having the same annoying issues. I am out of contract and this problem and a resent dp44swtich problem is pushing me to leave dish. This annoys me that much. I have to spend all this time skipping timers and then after each update at 3am they are all reset and they are all in the morning so they fill up my Dvr and I have to go and delete them. Its with several of those cable shows that have bad guide info with no episode so the Dvr does not know if it is recording the sane episode so it records them all. This is happening on my 722k and it seems to be happening every day now.

Having the same annoying issues. I am out of contract and this problem and a resent dp44swtich problem is pushing me to leave dish. This annoys me that much. I have to spend all this time skipping timers and then after each update at 3am they are all reset and they are all in the morning so they fill up my Dvr and I have to go and delete them. Its with several of those cable shows that have bad guide info with no episode so the Dvr does not know if it is recording the sane episode so it records them all. This is happening on my 722k and it seems to be happening every day now.
dp44 switch problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts