722 skipped recording restored by itself

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
dp44 switch problem?
One of the ports was bad and one of the 211k we have kept getting a loss signal error even with all the other TVs being fine. One of the sattlite ports actually went bad earlier this year, 119, but dish said it did not need to be replaced because the channels had mirrored on 72, we have dish Latino Max. We had the insurance back then and took it off, so we had to add it on again to get the switch fixed this time around and the tech did not understand why they had not done it when it first went bad. My little brother was having problems since summer in fact but you know kids, sometimes they don't speak up, he thought it was just that dish sucked lol. So yeah we have to pay extra to have a problem that should have been fixed awhile ago. Anyway, it was replaced last week. Today I thought I could fix the timer issue by moving the update to 930am so it did not record a bunch of the same programing over night. That did not work, instead of resetting skipped timers it had none scheduled and did not record a program on CNN this morning at 11am. Just did a check switch to force a downlaod of program data to see if that fixes it. This is getting ridulous and no answer from dish. If this keeps up I am switching back to fios. After the check switch all timers were reset again :p

That's not the fix I was looking for, don't want the skipped timers reset. Happened again yesterday, recorded 4 soccer games I skipped and an episode of the simpisons 3 times all at the same time, twice on sat and one ota.

its getting even more ridiculous, just now I stopped a recording of a soccer game I had skipped but that the dvr had reset. Then I go watch a show I had recorded. when I finish i see that the game for some reason is still recording, but its not in the my dvr list and I can't stop it. I try to do pip to see if I can get it to stop but it just leaves pip and uses the other tuner to switch. So I tried channel up and I get a complete signal loss message and I can't do anything, can't even get into guide because it says there is no guide nor can i switch to the other pip window which I can still see live under the error message, had to reset.
IDK what to do anymore, should I ask for a replacement 722k? If this is a known issue then there will be no point as it sound like from this thread. I guess I will just need to go else where to get this fixed and leave dish.

Just to update, the last couple of days, I skipped a program & extended the time of another & neither were restored to the previous setting. I still have L722, so I don't know what fixed it, but I'm glad that it seems to be working again.

Something I've noticed when extending the end time of a recording...if there is a scheduled event in the future that would overlap with the extended end time that you are setting, even if that future event is already skipped for priority, it will show that the extension is in place until you exit out of the DVR menu and go back in, and then the extension is lost. You have to manually skip the future conflicting events to be able to allow your extended time to stick.

About 3 days ago I decided to try the skip function again and lo and behold both of them are still showing up as skipped by user in the daily schedule. The proof will be if they actually skip the recording on the actual day. Here's hoping.

I've had these skip a rerun, and a day later the timer switched back on issues for over a month. The latest though is my 1 hour priority 11 show, recording started at 33 minutes in, because of the proirity 54 half hour show that should have been skipped by priority. This happened sunday a week ago, and would have happened yesterday, but I manually skipped the #54 show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)