722 sluggishness, will it ever end?

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
I have been installing for a long time, seen lots of receivers come and go. For a long time the 622/722 (really any 2 room DVR model) was very fast and responsive. We used to compare it against what DTV had and it was so much better, near instant response to remote commands. Then about 2 years ago, after a software update, it all changed. The 722/722k in particular (but the same with all of them really) became very sluggish. You hit the guide button, wait a sec, nothing happens so you hit it again, then both commands fire and your guide gets changed (for example). Some days are worse than others, some software versions are worse than other. It isn't uncommon to see a 5 second delay between the time you hit the guide button, till the guide displays (that's ridiculous). I see this in my 722k, my fathers, our offices 722, and at customers houses, we just got another call on it which prompted me to post this. I used to tell customers it would be fixed on the next software update, but I gave up waiting for that a while ago.

The 722k really is a great receiver, just sad that apparently Dish has no plans on fixing this problem. Does anyone have any insight on why this happened and why they won't fix it?

Thanks,
Brad

Last edited:
The 722k really is a great receiver, just sad that apparently Dish has no plans on fixing this problem. Does anyone have any insight on why this happened and why they won't fix it?

Thanks,
Brad

I understand that it's frustrating, and we do want our equipment to work as much as everyone who uses it does. This is a known issue with the receiver, but I do not have an ETA on the fix (I also don't know what caused it).

I understand that it's frustrating, and we do want our equipment to work as much as everyone who uses it does. This is a known issue with the receiver, but I do not have an ETA on the fix (I also don't know what caused it).

Well it is nice to see that at least Dish acknowledges the problem, thanks.

Mine too, but it's intermittent. some days it's fine. Some days I'll reboot and it's fine. Is this the result of new software? Because mine just started this about 2 months ago.

722k. Slow response for a few weeks now. I noticed something that may or may not be relevant. In my counters screens, I show 24) Status Scheduled 10/18/11 7:30pm NT NA. The date or course changes every day. My receiver controls go back to "normal" at exactly 7:30pm every day...

I have found that when my 722k gets sluggish like that it's only with the IR "main" remote; if I just do a couple of things with the RF remote in the kitchen (e.g. show the guide, page up or down, exit), it's back to normal responsiveness to the IR remote. Works every time. No idea why. Just did it last night.

Your results may vary.

Have 2 722K's. Both do what has been described. Not necessarily at the same time. Sometimes they will not respond at all. Then 5 or ten seconds after sending additional commands it will execute all the sent commands in rapid order.

Strange. I have a 722 and a 722K and don't experience this problem at all. I will add that we pretty much only use TV1 on both of them via UHF. Maybe it's a problem with using IR? I'll try to experiment with the IR remotes today and see if that induces the problem.

Ed

OK, I'm not losing my mind after all. Mine's been this way probably over a year and I thought it was a software update that did it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)