722 - Two users, seperate DVR queues/tuners?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SleepyNeko

Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Sandy Eggo, CA
Greetings all,

Tried a search on some general terms and specific terms, and didn't find anything... so here I go.

My roommate ordered a 722 and it was installed earlier this week. It's set up on dual-mode, he's got TV1, I've got TV2. The unit feels pretty nice, GUI, setup and all, but we both have a gripe and wonder if anyone knows a solution for it.

Quite frequently when I set up a recording (on TV2), it'll default to record off TV1, and occassionally when roomie sets up recordings (on TV1), they get set to record on TV2. Is there any way that we can keep each other's recordings to stick to our own tuner? He's getting mad that I cancel his recordings when they pop up on my tuner when I'm watching live TV, and I'm not much happier either when he cancels mine.

Is there any workaround for this, where his recordings only take tuner 1, and my recordings only take tuner 2, or will I have to call up Dish and ask them to install a second 722 (or 622) for my TV?

Last edited:
Changing the Record Plus setting can play havoc with existing timers. When it's turned "off", the receiver probably wants to record to the "TV" that set the timer. When you change it from "on" to "off", instead of defaulting to TV2 (or whatever you set RP to), it will probably revert to the TV that set it. Worse, you can't edit this setting of the timer. You have to delete and re-create the ones that are now conflicting.

BTW, I though I saw that you can now sort by TV1/TV2. Guess that doesn't fix timers but might make it easier to find shows that you "own."
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)