722k becoming unstable

Shooter33

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 28, 2013
Western PA
This past week starting to have problems (1st Time) with my 4 year old 722k receiver. :(

• Started 3 days ago with a unresponsive box after nightly "reboot" . I would have red button reset, then everything fine. Box would be fine till next "nightly reboot" Next 2 days same thing.
  • Started having random reboot 3 - 4 , throughout the last 3 days.
  • Friday did a red button reboot had message "Warning 981" let it do its thing everything OK after
  • Saturday did a red button reboot @ 6:30am message above came up. receiver didn't respond this time. Pulled the plug out of the wall for it to rest.
  • After restarting it began looping the "warning 981" screen for 3 more times. Pulled plug again, waited about 10 minutes. Now it tried multiple times to start and screen went blank. Red button rebooted, everything started as normal. OK for 2 -3 hours
  • Was able in the last couple of days to off-load recordings to EHD in prep for eventual Hopper upgrade.
  • Watching Hockey game today screen froze, rebooted again. Ok again for an hour or so.
  • Went outside to do some things came back receiver rebooted on its own back to the "Warning 981" let it complete. Pulled the plug again.

Not sure if there are things I could try till I upgrade, kinda like limping to the finish line ....!sadroll

My gut feeling is that I should just scuttle this issue, and upgrade to HWS as Scott said all along.:neener

I was concerned with the recent issues some have been having with the recent update, so I was holding off upgrading till things settled down:coffee

Thanks
Steve

HDD is dying. There's nothing you can do. Luckily you caught it early enough to copy recordings to an external HDD.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by garys
Sounds like it's done, replace or upgrade.

HDD is dying. There's nothing you can do. Luckily you caught it early enough to copy recordings to an external HDD.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

This has been the first issue I've had with this reciever, installed October 2009.

At least I picked a biggie.

Was able to move about 80% off to EHD that myself and wife wanted to keep, had about 32 shows/events. We usually watch and delete. Anything I want to keep, I capture with my Hauppauge and make AVCHD disk's. Just moved my last capture Friday.

Unplugged it today for about 4 hours, wanted to try one more time, box just runs at high rpm's :cry:

Thanks for chiming in !!

Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)