722k going to "Partial Signal Loss" at random

Just wondering but what is the signal strength showing for the orbitals you have when this problem happens? (This is for anyone experiencing this issue)

I'm away on vacation, but in another thread I started, I was pointed to a spreadsheet that showed the average signal strength in each dma for each satellite. I was above those listed for the Rochester NY dma for the earc.
For those experiencing the problem, what is your set up, earc, warc or mixed? If it's all, that might indicate that it's a software issue.

[FONT=&quot]
If it's all, that might indicate that it's a software issue.

Understand, I have a 722k and 722 both with the latest software and I have an EA setup (thanks to the apartment I am in) and I have not seen this issue. Does it happen randomly? If signal is good then I will send a Technical Problem Report. If you would please PM your info receiver and smart card numbers, if the signal is above the threshold.[/FONT]

Zach,

I did a test last evening when I got home. My wife said the Partial Signal Loss happened throughout the day and it was on the signal lost screen when I walked in the door. I read on here that some people thought it was the OTA module. An OTA channel was on Turner 2 at the time I arrived home. I made sure that for the entire evening (4-5 hours) that only Dish channels were used on both Tuners. I did not have a single issue.

I will check signal strengths this evening, but I'm sure they will be fine. Any recordings on the other tuner record fine even when the Partial Signal Loss screens keep flashing on the active watched tuner.

[FONT=&quot]Thanks msouthlot. If the signal is fine please PM your receiver and smartcard numbers and I will send a report. I will also be watching live TV tonight on my 722k. I have been catching up on recordings.[/FONT]

I had this happen with my 722K for the first time last week around 5pm. The unit could not lock onto any of the three sats. 129 and 119 showed no signal at all and 110 signals were all in the red. OTA worked fine and my 211K was working just like it should too! It lasted about 3 minutes and hasn't done it since.

To many people reporting this problem after the latest software release for it to be a pointing problem. Never had the problem before L767 on my 722.
Yeap, I think this is the issue.... This is NOT a new problem. People were reporting this routinely a year ago or so and it seemed to have gotten fixed in a s/w update -- now it's back. Sounds like the s/w "bug" was re-introduced.

As I recall, it was quite common on ViP receivers with OTA (either modules or built-in).

[FONT=&quot]Thanks msouthlot. If the signal is fine please PM your receiver and smartcard numbers and I will send a report. I will also be watching live TV tonight on my 722k. I have been catching up on recordings.[/FONT]

I'm out of town this week, but I think either Matt or Maryb might have the receiver/smart card info.

me too...!!! Dish DVR signal loss... had to drop service with dish network cause they blamed the trees..

I "fired" dish network after repeated phone calls and 2 or 3 "tech" visits.. they sent me a "new" dvr (actually a refurbished one, not a new one).. and after I replaced my old one (which was having pixelization problems) with the 'new used one' problems got worse. many loss of signal screens, 004 008 and I dont know what all. They said they would send their 'top technician out there'.. Well, they sent someone. He didnt replace the box at all. He didnt check the LNB.. He went outside, looked at the trees , looked at the alignment, looked at the line of sight and said it was my trees. My trees have been here since before I moved here in 2005. they are tall oak trees. It is just odd to me that the problems got worse the with the replacement dvr...and they were not even willing to give me a new dvr even though I had been a customer with them for 9 years... oh yeah... they didnt send a 'top techician'...they sent a contractor who said "if i cant fix the problem I dont get paid" so after about an hour he lost interest. He left and my dvr no longer had ANY movie channels on it and NO locals. I 'begged' dish to send someone more qualified... they refused... get they just didnt want my business anymore. a real shame cause i loved the movie channels.... I just find it hard to believe my trees suddenly grew sideways... anyone out there have an opinion? i am just a dum old girl trying to figure this out. I tried the dishpointer site and put in my address. it showed where the dish 'should' have been in my yard...but where they put it in 2005 is not even close to where dishpointer said it should have been.
Tech replaced the separator, but the problem's so random it's far too soon to say if the trouble's cleared. I still lean toward software, since when the pop up happens, I go to the guide, that clears the trouble, then exit the guide and go back 10, 20 or 30 seconds and the video and audio play through with no dropouts.. if there was lost video in there, I'd suspect hardware.

Last night, it was happening very frequently while we were trying to watch A&E... and that's not a new channel for this box... though it has been a while since we watched that channel.

It happened 8 times while I was on the phone with DISH... kind of made trying to watch a show hard to do. But that's ok, we can watch it on A&E's website later... which makes me question why I'm paying anybody for TV service :eek:

Great!, I see that my 722k and 222k are not alone...

Lately, I have noticed increased number of signal loss, complete and/or partial. If it rains, oh well, s#@! happens, but if there's no good excuse, it's very upsetting...

It loses signal on both hd and sd channels and I don't have any OTA module...

I'm having the partial signal loss today on my 722. Thought maybe neighbors mimosa tree was causing the problem so pruned all branches close to my dish and it didn't not stop the problem. Read through this thread and noticed that one or two people mentioned the A&E channel so did a swap and saw that the channel I wasn't watching was on A&E so tuned that channel to a different one.

So far the partial signal loss has not reoccurred. Very strange indeedy...........

do not get the "partial signal loss" message, but have been experiencing pixelation on certain channels (mainly locals) on the 722- not on the 211k. This has indeed started with the latest firmware update.

The only difference noticed on the 211k with its latest firmware, is the audio is not as loud.

I have been having signal issues on my 722 (non-K) receiver. It will be nice and sunny out, no trees nearby or rain. It is rather annoying and I am so tempted to cancel my service and switch to DirecTV or cable.

I have been having signal issues on my 722 (non-K) receiver. It will be nice and sunny out, no trees nearby or rain. It is rather annoying and I am so tempted to cancel my service and switch to DirecTV or cable.

I can understand the frustration this issue is causing and I would be more than happy to look into the issue, just PM me your account number so I can assist you further.

Great!, I see that my 722k and 222k are not alone...

Lately, I have noticed increased number of signal loss, complete and/or partial. If it rains, oh well, s#@! happens, but if there's no good excuse, it's very upsetting...

It loses signal on both hd and sd channels and I don't have any OTA module...

Same here with 2 222ks w/o an OTA module...
I think this is a Dish problem since I see some others posting more about this...
Did you try pressing the reset button?...
This temporarily fixes the issue at times...

I have been having this problem on HLN channel 202 for a while. Have been working with DIRT on it. The current solution is to send a tech out.
It will be interesting to see what happens as it is only one channel (that I am aware of) and generally is only out less than a minute. It is a totally random occurance too. Going up or down a channel and then back usually fixes it. Signal is good.
I will post after the tech visit this weekend

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

My random partial signal loss was caused by a bad cable connector (inside the house). Found and fixed by a Dish tech. This was after he checked for obstructions and the dish alignment on the roof I have a 722k.

I have the problem on a 622, two different LNB's too so not the dish. I do have OTA channels and heard they had caused problems in the past.

I "fired" dish network after repeated phone calls and 2 or 3 "tech" visits.. they sent me a "new" dvr (actually a refurbished one, not a new one).. and after I replaced my old one (which was having pixelization problems) with the 'new used one' problems got worse. many loss of signal screens, 004 008 and I dont know what all. They said they would send their 'top technician out there'.. Well, they sent someone. He didnt replace the box at all. He didnt check the LNB.. He went outside, looked at the trees , looked at the alignment, looked at the line of sight and said it was my trees. My trees have been here since before I moved here in 2005. they are tall oak trees. It is just odd to me that the problems got worse the with the replacement dvr...and they were not even willing to give me a new dvr even though I had been a customer with them for 9 years... oh yeah... they didnt send a 'top techician'...they sent a contractor who said "if i cant fix the problem I dont get paid" so after about an hour he lost interest. He left and my dvr no longer had ANY movie channels on it and NO locals. I 'begged' dish to send someone more qualified... they refused... get they just didnt want my business anymore. a real shame cause i loved the movie channels.... I just find it hard to believe my trees suddenly grew sideways... anyone out there have an opinion? i am just a dum old girl trying to figure this out. I tried the dishpointer site and put in my address. it showed where the dish 'should' have been in my yard...but where they put it in 2005 is not even close to where dishpointer said it should have been.

Trees not only grow taller, but they also grow out (sideways), so it's very possible the tech was right. Your signal from that particular satellite probably had been decreasing for a while and it finally reached a point where it was too weak to provide a picture. If the signal is being blocked, then changing out equipment is not going to make a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)