722k keeps losing signal.

Aerc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
PA
I have a lost signal message on every channel. I have to unplug the receiver and let it acquire a signal. It works fine for a little bit, but when it will lose it again. I have to unplug the receiver again to get a signal. The satellite dish has a bush in front of it, but that is trimmed down. Any help is appreciated.

Are you using an antenna for locals with it? (Over the Air) If so one or more of the local antenna stations may be losing it's signal.

Or you may have a bad LNBF or LNB drift or even a receiver starting to fail. Add the protection plan and set up a service call, $7 for protection plan and $15 for a service call.

@Tampa8 I do. That usually happens to me when tuner 2 is on an OTA channel. I usually just swap tuners and change the channel and the problem is fixed. When I do it this time the 2nd tuner says acquiring signal.

@boba Seems like that may be my only option.

Resetting the receiver and having the signal back every time would suggest (not prove) it isn't a bad LNB or LNB drift.

I would do two things. First, is your guide updating correctly? Can you go about 7 or 8 days out and get guide info without a message saying the guide needs to be updated? While that should affect either tuner, still something to check. From that there are some other things it would suggest if not a full guide.
I would also eliminate the OTA tuner, and see what happens.

@Tampa88 It seems that unplugging and plugging it in thing no longer works or it was just some sort of coincidence that it worked after plugging it back in. I can go to next June 12th without any messages. I'll take out the OTA tuner in a bit and try that.

@dwarren2 As far as I can tell I get no error of any kind.

I have noticed that when I change the channel it takes 10 seconds for the channel to come in. Also when I do Picture in picture, the other tuner just says acquiring signal.

I know I was getting an error message in a box at the top left of the screen after I did a system info. When I selected Details, I sa the -14 drift on 72. Tech replaced the lnb assembly and no more problems. That's why I made the suggestion.

Hope you find the cause.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)