722K OTA Module and Camera?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I have the 722K dvr receiver with the over the air antenna input. I want to be able to wire in a video camera to the over the air input. This can work as a surveillance camera that can record to the dvr and I can watch anywhere with the sling adapter. I think the tuner is only atsc therefore I would have to modulate the video out of my to a digital atsc channel. This is the part I am stuck on. Has anyone ever done anything like this?

How many thousand dollars do you wish to spend to watch your camera? The camera can be connected to a ch3 NTSC modulator and combinrd with an OTA TV antenna your TVs can probably tune NTSC but 722 can't.

I don't want to spend thousands of dollars to watch the camera. I just thought that it would be cool to be able to watch it on my tv and be able to access it via sling anywhere.

I don't want to spend thousands of dollars to watch the camera. I just thought that it would be cool to be able to watch it on my tv and be able to access it via sling anywhere.
Get yourself a WiFi camera at Amazon.com - under $100.

I wondering if it can be done by using the USB input on the DVR. Maybe that's what SaltiDawg is talking about.
No, it can't input via USB to the Dish receiver.

I'm talking about video cameras that have WiFi built in - think Security Cameras or Nanny Cameras - he could access it anywhere via the web.

But one example... Amazon.com: Foscam FI8908W Wireless IP Camera with Pan & Tilt, Night Vision, 2 Way Audio, Apple Mac and Windows compatible, Color - Black: Electronics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts