722k OTA Tuner Up Close

The recent "wars" for renegotiation for retransmission rights has pointed out the need for OTA hookups ---as a back up if nothing else.

In our market- there are no locals- not even SD

722K good for Northwest Fisher dispute

The recent "wars" for renegotiation for retransmission rights has pointed out the need for OTA hookups ---as a back up if nothing else.

In our market- there are no locals- not even SD

No locals? Try a Chicago area address for SD Locals only [once Ciel II is activated]; DISH is lucky you're still a customer.
Here we just got all our locals last year but last month we just lost another due to the Fisher Comm. 80% price increase dispute. I get it fine OTA but DISH messes up the program guide too. I can move in the summer for a sports regional and pick up two local OTA channels with the 722K and OTA module. Tempting. I was also emailed a $235 'Super Programming Discount Package' as well. Or I could just try FioS TV and their Motorola DVR's :rolleyes: , yuk....

Messes up guide

No locals? Try a Chicago area address for SD Locals only [once Ciel II is activated]; DISH is lucky you're still a customer.
Here we just got all our locals last year but last month we just lost another due to the Fisher Comm. 80% price increase dispute. I get it fine OTA but DISH messes up the program guide too. I can move in the summer for a sports regional and pick up two local OTA channels with the 722K and OTA module. Tempting. I was also emailed a $235 'Super Programming Discount Package' as well. Or I could just try FioS TV and their Motorola DVR's :rolleyes: , yuk....

If you are saying that E* gives the wrong programming info in the guide then you don't understand E* doesn't compile that it comes from Tribune. So Tribune is the one that gives E8 the wrong info to put in the EPG.

If you are saying that E* gives the wrong programming info in the guide then you don't understand E* doesn't compile that it comes from Tribune. So Tribune is the one that gives E8 the wrong info to put in the EPG.

DISH messes up the guide for Fisher stations, when I can receive this one OTA. Deal Fisher, I'll watch Something else instead. ABC is low priority for me...

Tribune Media

DISH messes up the guide for Fisher stations, when I can receive this one OTA. Deal Fisher, I'll watch Something else instead. ABC is low priority for me...

Tribune media supplies all guide info to E*. No if you are referring to what stations are not being seen by you that is a different subject all together.

Hi Guys

Here's a update on the VIP722k

I asked for an install from Dish to be done yesterday 1/12/09. I had specifically ordered a 722k with the OTA module to be installed. When the installer came, he had a 722 and had never heard of the 722k with ota module. He contacted his supervisor and he had not heard of it either. The supervisor then contacted Dish tech support to inquire about it and he was informed (as I was listening on a 3way conversation) that the 722k is not available yet. The tech support guy stated that the software was not ready yet.

The supervisor tried to talk me into accepting the 722 but I refused.

So, here I am waiting on an install with the 722k w/ota module and have no idea when that will be.

I did try and find an answer today 1/13/09 from the tech support people in India (i suppose that's where they are) and they had no clue. They told me just to wait and someone would contact me when the 722k w/ota module is available.

As far as I know, no one knows when the 722 w/ota module will be available.

Any comments or any numbers you guys can give me to find out what is going on?

Thanks

Jerry

Hi Guys

Here's a update on the VIP722k

I asked for an install from Dish to be done yesterday 1/12/09. I had specifically ordered a 722k with the OTA module to be installed. When the installer came, he had a 722 and had never heard of the 722k with ota module. He contacted his supervisor and he had not heard of it either. The supervisor then contacted Dish tech support to inquire about it and he was informed (as I was listening on a 3way conversation) that the 722k is not available yet. The tech support guy stated that the software was not ready yet.

The supervisor tried to talk me into accepting the 722 but I refused.

So, here I am waiting on an install with the 722k w/ota module and have no idea when that will be.

I did try and find an answer today 1/13/09 from the tech support people in India (i suppose that's where they are) and they had no clue. They told me just to wait and someone would contact me when the 722k w/ota module is available.

As far as I know, no one knows when the 722 w/ota module will be available.

Any comments or any numbers you guys can give me to find out what is going on?

Thanks

Jerry

Sad to say you probably know as much or more than most anyone. Perhaps some news from CES will enlighten us sooner than later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)