722k recording problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

arstron

Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
missouri
I have done some searching on here, but to be honest, I am not sure exactly what to search for specifically. We just had two 722k receivers installed and both are working great for the most part. When one of the receivers records though, it will break the same show into 2 or 3 segments. Is there a setting that needs to be changed to fix this, or is this a faulty receiver?

If sat signal falls below a certain level, the receiver may halt the recording and start another when the signal comes back to acceptable levels.

Check the cable to the offending receiver and make sure it has good connections and that the stingers (center wire) are proper length. I believe they should be 1/4 inch beyond the end of the ferrell. Too long can short out the connection, too short can fail to make a connection.

I'll bet it is further from the dish (in terms of cable length) than the one that works properly.

I had my principal receiver fed by a cable running around my house going back through the house to the receiver near the wall where the dish was located. When I309384253laced that line with a direct line through the wall to the primary receiver my signal level went up 10 points.

Another way to check would be to temporarily swap the receivers, if the trouble remains at the problem area, you know it is cabling or switch related.

If it moves with the receiver, the receiver is probably faulty.

If it is not the receiver, the first thing to do would be to peak the dish to get the absolute highest signal. That may solve the problem in itself.

It has happened to me a couple of times. Been a long time since then.

It sounds like a HDD problem to me.
+1

Loss of reception issue does not result in restarts. Instead, it displays a pop up window that reads along the lines of, "A portion of this recording has been lost" and you have to click "OK" to remove the pop up.

Overheating results in stuttering video. You can check temp by Menu>Setup>Counters (if I got that wrong please post the correct path). If the number is higher than 130 degrees, your unit is overheating. 722 side vents, so it does not play well in enclosed spaces. Mine is on stilts (bottle caps) for better airflow.

You should contact Dish ASAP to get the issue resolved for free. If you wait they might try to charge you. Use online chat for best services.

To answer a few things asked:

The receiver is actually closer to the satellite then the other reciever and is using the same cables. There is no problems with playback and I have recorded the same shows for the past two days on both receivers, still this one is the only one doing this.

The receiver acting up is sitting on top of a table with nothing else on it, the other receiver is inside a cabinet with the front door open.

The hard drive temps are:
high 140f
low 113f
average 131f

I will try giving dish a call and see where that gets me. Thank you everyone!

Those temps are high. Do you have it in an open cabinet or in something closed in. Any way that you could move it for a short period of time to see if it will cool off and solve the problems?

No, the only way to get more air into it, is to attach more fans on the outside. It is basically sitting on a pedestal with nothing around any of the sides. Its been a busy week, but we are going to call dish latter today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)