722K Screen Shots and Initial Setup Thoughts

Unfortunately, we are already on our third receiver in three weeks.

Okay, if the receiver isn't the problem then you need a tech to come out and look at your install and see if it is grounded as well as the lnb is good etc. It could be something electrical in nature. Is the 722k plugged into a surge protector? You shouldn't be having this many problems . I have had no real problems with my 722k ,other than software bugs when I first got it. In fact since the last update , this receiver has become more solid and I notice less bugs . My ota strength even improved .

Okay, if the receiver isn't the problem then you need a tech to come out and look at your install and see if it is grounded as well as the lnb is good etc. It could be something electrical in nature. Is the 722k plugged into a surge protector? You shouldn't be having this many problems . I have had no real problems with my 722k ,other than software bugs when I first got it. In fact since the last update , this receiver has become more solid and I notice less bugs . My ota strength even improved .

I got installed Saturday before last with a 722K. The next morning the fan was running very loudly but nothing else (no lights, no picture, etc.) Tech. came out that Monday to replace with a new 722K. This one has been running without a problem since. I love this receiver! Had a 622 in the past and with the addition of the extra OTA tuner on the 722K I am happy being back with E*!

I got installed Saturday before last with a 722K. The next morning the fan was running very loudly but nothing else (no lights, no picture, etc.) Tech. came out that Monday to replace with a new 722K. This one has been running without a problem since. I love this receiver! Had a 622 in the past and with the addition of the extra OTA tuner on the 722K I am happy being back with E*!

I agree, the 722k is the best receiver that DISH has come out with to date. I love the fact I can record 4 shows at one time. This is a God send for network shows that conflict. OF course the new 922 is based on this same internal receiver as the 722k . It will have the same ability to record 4 shows at one time with the same ota module as the 722k. The guides and menus will be all new and will be nice to have as well. I only hope that they port that same software , menus and guides to the 722k receivers as well.:hungry:

The guides and menus will be all new and will be nice to have as well. I only hope that they port that same software , menus and guides to the 722k receivers as well.:hungry:

if they did that, I would get a 722k right now! I've been holding out waiting for the 922. I dont really need the sling, but the GUI that I've seen of the 922 is very appealing.

if they did that, I would get a 722k right now! I've been holding out waiting for the 922. I dont really need the sling, but the GUI that I've seen of the 922 is very appealing.

I also really don't need or want the sling. However, the newer GUI definitely piques my interest!!:D

I'll look to the 922 after it's grown some legs, maybe next year. For now I still have so many movies in queues yet to watch, and recordings to do, etc. it seems I never have time for any of it. I do like the online Sling/Dish menu though. Very handy way to review and manage recordings.... for those who have not tried it:

https://dish.sling.com/

Sling sound cools but I'm not sure if it has 2 HD tuners? I have 622 now and tired of not able to record an HD channel while watching another HD channel. Also, we know that u-verse have the entire house DVR. I heard a rumor that cable TV will have the entire house DVR later this year. Does anyone know if that's something Dish will have? I currently have 2 622's and not able to record from one and watch on the other. I thought saving the record programs on an external HD will allow me to move from one to the other but it messed up after a few times. I think I'll go to u-verse as soon as it's available in my area.

Sling sound cools but I'm not sure if it has 2 HD tuners? I have 622 now and tired of not able to record an HD channel while watching another HD channel. Also, we know that u-verse have the entire house DVR. I heard a rumor that cable TV will have the entire house DVR later this year. Does anyone know if that's something Dish will have? I currently have 2 622's and not able to record from one and watch on the other. I thought saving the record programs on an external HD will allow me to move from one to the other but it messed up after a few times. I think I'll go to u-verse as soon as it's available in my area.

Why can't you record more than one hd channel at a time with the 622? My parents can record 2 hd sat channels and one ota hd channel at a time with their 622. My 722k can record 4 things at a time in hd; 2 sat /2ota.

I think I'll go to u-verse as soon as it's available in my area.

Good luck with that.. continue your research on how folks are getting service with AT&T. It sucked in the past for me..(not Uverse..long before that) as well as a couple of friends I know who live in different locales. One had them lose all his information when he set up an install.
He called a week later and asked when he would get his install date, and they did not even know him.
Your area may be fine.
I know they are having some growing pains with the newer technology...the internet service sounds very impressive...and TV seems to rival Dish..but have not seen it for myself. Good luck whatever you decide.

722K Great Receiver!!!

Received my 722K upgrade last week. Installed, downloaded software, and activated with no problems what-so-ever.
I have not had a glitch, or a bug show up as of yet.

The one thing I was concerned about was OTA signal as I live
about 40 miles from the local stations.
I received the OTA module today, installed it, and found that when I scanned the channels I had 3 more then I had previously.
Signal strength has increased 10 points on two of the stations.
I'm very pleased with the 722K. Best receiver that Dish has produced yet.

gunawo

Good luck with that.. continue your research on how folks are getting service with AT&T. It sucked in the past for me..(not Uverse..long before that) as well as a couple of friends I know who live in different locales. One had them lose all his information when he set up an install.
He called a week later and asked when he would get his install date, and they did not even know him.
Your area may be fine.
I know they are having some growing pains with the newer technology...the internet service sounds very impressive...and TV seems to rival Dish..but have not seen it for myself. Good luck whatever you decide.

People keep saying that the HD PQ rivals Dish, but it doesn't. it's not even close. It's terrible.

Replaced 622 with 722k. OTA locals have a stronger signal and I have no dropouts like I did with the 622.
So far no issues after 3 days. Scheduled 4 hd recordings at once several times without any problems.

Replaced my 622 with a 722k on Saturday. Tech not only did not bring the OTA module, but had no idea what it was. So, I can't comment on the OTA reception yet. He said it would either be here today or Wednesday.

I had 2 recording from my Sat locals that were incomplete. They showed that they had recorded the entire event, but during playback, the pic would freeze at a certain point. I could FF to the end, back up to the beginning, etc. The lock-up was always at the same point in the programs. It would play just fine up to the lock-up point, but either a frozen image past that or a black screen.

We have had lots of rain lately, but it was very light on the night of the bad recordings, so I'm not sure what the problem is at the moment.

Try rebooting the receiver and or unplugging it to get a good reset. If it is raining it will interfer with the recordings especially if they are on the eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish. I reinstalled my 1000.4 sat dish , that I took down before Hurricane Ike hit on September 13, 2008. I got some rain fade on 72.7 sat , since it is the lowest now of my three sats at 43-48 signal strength. This is about all can be expected in southeast Tx. I also plugged into my sat configuration the 129 side sat dish. The 129 sat is now stronger than the 61.5 sat , so I get it now by default over 61.5 except on Houston ,Tx locals.

OVer all my 722k has been very good and since the L-651 software , the ota tuner has become more stable and more in line with the ota tuner in the 622/722 dvrs. I wish it could be about 5 more points in strength and it would be perfect. The 5 point difference between the two ota tuners on the same channel is odd to me.

Thanks for the reply MikeD-C05. A reboot is the first thing I do when I have a problem, but I guess it was to late by the time I noticed it. I was watching it all evening and never noticed any rain fade. I've only done about 6 recording since it was installed Saturday afternoon. 2 out of the 6 were bad. Who knows? It might have been the weather, but it looks like it will be a few more days until the weather clears up around here and I can do some more testing.

I'm in eastern Oklahoma and on the western arc. I just hope my MT2 is waiting on me when I get home.

Replaced my 622 with a 722k on Saturday. Tech not only did not bring the OTA module, but had no idea what it was. So, I can't comment on the OTA reception yet. He said it would either be here today or Wednesday.

I had 2 recording from my Sat locals that were incomplete. They showed that they had recorded the entire event, but during playback, the pic would freeze at a certain point. I could FF to the end, back up to the beginning, etc. The lock-up was always at the same point in the programs. It would play just fine up to the lock-up point, but either a frozen image past that or a black screen.

We have had lots of rain lately, but it was very light on the night of the bad recordings, so I'm not sure what the problem is at the moment.

I have replaced a Vip622 with a ViP722K 2 weeks ago and for the most part it's great. But I've lost four recordings and each one just freezes a little over half way through and the receiver continues to play but no audio or video. I have moved the EHD to my ViP612 and the recording are in fact bad. Each was recorded in a little different way.

1. A CBS OTA through satellite recorded on the 622 and off-loaded to an EHD before the swap and then tried to play from the EHD with the 722K.

2. A CBS OTA through satellite recorded on the 722K and tried to play from the 722K.

3. The third was a USA recorded on the 722K and off-loaded to the EHD and played from the EHD with the 722K. I had also recorded this program at the same time on my ViP612 as a backup and the 612 recording was ok.

4. A CBS OTA through satellite recorded on the 722K and tried to play from the 722K.

Have now lost 4 shows and it's getting to be bothersome.

2 Problems appeared

I also am having problems with recordings missing half of their content. My wife likes to watch Imus every day from 6am to 9am
so I have it set up to record Mon-Friday. Twice in the last week
the 722k has only recorded a portion of the show. No bad weather this week.

Secondly, I cannot use the dual mode. Everytime I push the mode button, the 722k locks up completely, picture locks, all buttons lock, remote does not work. Have to reboot to get it to work on #1 tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)