722K Screen Shots and Initial Setup Thoughts

I have a question.

I'm getting a 722k with OTA module this week to replace my 510. I have a 622 on the main TV. I'm going to move the 622 to the secondary TV (where the 510 was) and put the 722k on the main TV.

I have an external hard drive hooked up to the 622, now.

Can I transfer stuff off the 622 to the external drive, then transfer it to the 722k?

Or, if I can't do that, can I watch it from the external drive on the 722k?

Just don't get discouraged if, at first, the 722K says the drive is formatted incorrectly. I had to call E* and report the error. They did something to allow the 722K to see the drive(s) without any problems.

Edit: spoke to soon. Tried to watch CSI at lunch and it cut off at about the 45 minute mark. The progress bar shows that there is 17 mins left but when it gets to a certain point, it just jumps to the end and asks to start over, delete, etc. Reboot did not help. Now I wonder how many of the other recordings are incomplete.

I sure hope E* monitors this thread as this is not acceptable.
Same here - wife was trying to watch desperate housewifes and program stopped when there were about 20mins to go.... I hope my 24 last night wasn't screwed up, too! Granted, i Noticed a few SD programs that I recorded were fine.

Well, my 722k has been getting a workout recording 3 and 4 programs at once for a week or so. I haven't had any more partial recording as I complained about above.

I am getting some audio issues when playing some programs back thru my HK 347 receiver (HDMI). When I skip or FF thru the program, I will get a pop or crackle thru the receiver. I haven't been able to lock down what the problem is. It seems to be random. It has done it on programs recorded from OTA, LiL, and regular sat channels. The only thing I can confirm is that if the program does have this issue, it has it all the way thru. If it doesn't have the problem, it's fine all the way thru. I never hear it when using just the TV speakers, but it's using the component for video and rca jacks for audio in that mode.

It's not that bad. It's not loud enough that I think it may blow a speaker.

Other than that, I'm lovin' this machine.

Rob

i have a 722 not a K model and i get pops every now and then skipping through commercials and such. i have my audio going through toslink to my receiver so i'm not sure what the problem is either. wish they would fix it though. kind of annoying.

722k ignores remote when powered on

This has happened several times after installing my new 722k into my cabinet (seemed to work ok when sitting in the open in another room):

1) turn on all the devices with my harmony remote (as worked for my 622)
2) am able to get maybe 1 command to the receiver
3) receiver ignores input from harmony and 722k remote #1
<allow time to pass>
4) both remotes start to operate as expected, quickly responding to presses

I also noticed that the new remote seems to do a lot of double actions on a press - repeated numbers or movements.

any ideas?

I've had 5 more recorded programs that the picture freezes at a certain point. I can RR and it will play up until the bad spot then it freezes again. I can then FF to the end, but the pic stays the same.

Unfortunately, some of them where the wife's programs. You know what that means!

I also noticed that the MT2 is not near as good as the 622 tuner. I used the 722k for several days before the module was installed, so I followed the instructions about that.
At first I was not worried about the lower signal strength as the channels all locked in fine. But if there's any kind of weather (from heavy clouds to thunderstorms), the MT2 just can't handle it compared to my TV's and 622's tuners.

I hope E* can fix this soon.

Did you have very good OTA reception before? If so, you should not have a problem. MT2 relies on a strong signal from your TV antenna, not on the Dish receiver. Not to say there is not another issue you may be having.

Did you have very good OTA reception before? If so, you should not have a problem. MT2 relies on a strong signal from your TV antenna, not on the Dish receiver. Not to say there is not another issue you may be having.

Yes, everything on every other tuner (tv and 622) are all in the high 80's to 100. On the MT2 with same connection as before, I'm in the mid 70's to high 80's. So a 10 to 15 point drop on all of them.

Nothing has changed with my antenna setup. The 722k is using the same connection the 622 had before I moved it to the bedroom, so I guess the internal split of the signal on the MT2 degrades it too much.

I've had 5 more recorded programs that the picture freezes at a certain point. I can RR and it will play up until the bad spot then it freezes again. I can then FF to the end, but the pic stays the same.

Unfortunately, some of them where the wife's programs. You know what that means!

girdnerg, do you use an external hard drive? and if you do can you coordinate the freeze to "erasing a program on the external drive?" I found a 100% correlation between those two events and I have not had one frozen recording since I quit erasing the EHD while recording.

I have posted this before and I will again. I've noticed about a 5 - 6 point difference between the ota tuners- on the same ota channel on my 722k. It isn't enough of a difference to make recordings drop out or picture loss. After the 6/12/09 deadline passes, a lot of ota channels will change their channel designation in the digital transition. They will also move their digital transmitters to the top of their broadcast towers. In my area my local Fox went live with a new digital tower, which took my signal strength up to 100% from the low signal of 76%. My local ABC station will move back from 50.1 UHF to 12.1 VHF come June the 13th. They tested it there on 12.1 last night and my signal went to 100% from 74 % before. So my point is that a lot will change next week in my local area and I am sure some changes will happen like this all over the country. Once these changes are completed and all your receivers are re -scanned for the new channel slots , we all might see stronger signal strengths on everything. So don't give up on the 722k tuner yet.

Dat right

On the 13th there is going to be a bunch of changes to the channel layout. There are going to be so many calls across the country it isn't gonna be funny. People aren't going to understand that they will need to rescan to get the channels again. the power will be changing on many channels too to high power from low power.

Sorry if I did not make it more clear, yes, signal strength will be lower with the MT2 in the 722k.
But for those with strong SS to begin with, it will not be an issue.
If it is an issue, and you know you have excellent reception with your antenna, it could well mean MT2 or the receiver in some way, is defective.
10 to 15 drop sound high to me. I think I saw 8 to 10..consider this. I believe.the weaker the signal to start with the greater the drop that can be anticipated when using MT2.

Thanks for the info whatchel1!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)