722K software L661

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Don't know what date. All previous info just stated "after the 722's. Version number known only by dish.

It would appear the 622's got a update today too, I saw the TV enhancements add the disable/enable adverts and then there is TV1 sound setting for HD and standard but I didn't notice a difference on choosing either one??

I'm using the Optics output for my sound but for some reason since a software update a long time ago my Sony receiver picks up the HD output and decreases it too much. I checked over and over the settings and it was something to do with that damn software update on the 622. I'm half tempted to call dish and ask for a 722K to replace my 622 but I'm unsure if I'll get better sound from the 722k over the 622. Anyone tell me if it does?

Visited my son yesterday who just got the L661 update. Sound leveling seemed to work fine on his 722K. His wife really liked it.

It's okay if you are just watching two channel stuff on an internal TV speaker. If you output it to anything nice, you will want to turn it off. It has alot of pumping in it.

I received L661 on my VIP722K last night. The sound leveling is working fairly well. The average sound levels are much better with it. I no longer have the huge difference in audio levels when switching between HD and SD channels. Also, the average sound levels between program and commercial content are more uniform. This software is not perfect, but I will continue to use it.

Ed

Sure hope you have ext HDD to move stuff to. Sounds like you have a problem (int HDD starting to go bad) that happened at about the same time as the s/w update. Download your timers to your remote control call E* and tell them the sucker is dying & get it taken care of. :devil: cause that's where it is headed.

DISH sent new receiver. SAME EXACT PROBLEM. Replaced the LNB. SAME EXACT PROBLEM. Heard in separate forum that this new software doesn’t like Panasonic plasmas HDMI. Can’t get sound unless I turn on the reciver first, and then the TV after about five seconds. TV checks out OK. This is nuts. Is there any way to rollback to the previous software. The only problem I had with the prior software version was erratic ship back and forth control. That problem wasn’t solved by L661. It only created more problems. Cablevision and Fios are starting to look good.

really strange

DISH sent new receiver. SAME EXACT PROBLEM. Replaced the LNB. SAME EXACT PROBLEM. Heard in separate forum that this new software doesn’t like Panasonic plasmas HDMI. Can’t get sound unless I turn on the reciver first, and then the TV after about five seconds. TV checks out OK. This is nuts. Is there any way to rollback to the previous software. The only problem I had with the prior software version was erratic ship back and forth control. That problem wasn’t solved by L661. It only created more problems. Cablevision and Fios are starting to look good.

That's really strange since I have no problem at all with the sound on my Panny Plasma. I'm using HDMI only to my Panny and have NO Sound Problems. Just got thru turn on the TV then my 722k.

L662 fixes L661 HDMI audio problem on Panasonic

My 722K was working fine until L661. Now it acts as though possessed. It is connected through an HDMI cable. There is now no sound unless I turn the receiver on before I turn on the TV. Then sound randomly disappears from random mapped-down (below 100)stations, but stays ok on the upper companion station in the 6300 range. Some random stations produce only an error message until I hit the magical red reset button. The skip forward or back buttons jump anywhere from five second to nearly five minutes a pop. I emailed customer support three days go and have received no response. I’ve done every troubleshooting trick in the book, including replacing the cable and then some. It is quickly becoming a royal pain in the neck.

DISH reported that they were aware of the problem with HDMI audio to Panasonic plasmas. They just released L662 and the problem is gone.

That's really strange since I have no problem at all with the sound on my Panny Plasma. I'm using HDMI only to my Panny and have NO Sound Problems. Just got thru turn on the TV then my 722k.

DISH reported that they were aware of the problem with HDMI audio to Panasonic plasmas. They just released L662 and the problem is gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)