770 stopped recordings

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
I tried to watch a recording through Dish Anywhere on my computer. I got a message my Hoppers were not connected on the network.
Went to my main Hopper w Sling and saw 770 testing EHD, may take 100 minutes. This EHD test disabled all other functions on this HWS including bridging to second HWS. I missed several scheduled recordings as well.
I called Dish tech and while I was on hold the screen switched to starting up. It took more than 5 minutes to get to viewing a show while I talked to Dish.
this is mostly a rant since I understand what happened. I just don't understand why dish would start an EHD test when recordings are scheduled, or why it should totally disable all other functions on HWS.

One good thing came from the call. I asked about the 3 free months of premium Channels and they said sure which ones do you want.

It was testing the external hard drive. That would have nothing to do with recording a show on the internal drive. Even if the the EHD test was relevant it should not have to hog the full use of the HWS, even preventing bridging of the Ethernet to the second HWS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)