79cm/31in. dish What LNB To Use

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lucky53

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
HI Everyone...My question has probably been answered before on the forum,but here it goes..Have acquired 2- 79cm/31in. dishes and want to use them on AMC15 105W for backhaul feeds and AMC9 83W for RTN..However here's the problem,they both have circular lnb's and I need linear one's...can anyone suggest good linear lnbs that will fit right into these dishes..Thanks Guys..

really any LNB will work. I like the Sadoun duals or the WSI dual that they sell
Been using Sadoun duals for 4 years now

really any LNB will work. I like the Sadoun duals or the WSI dual that they sell
Been using Sadoun duals for 4 years now

Hey Ice..Thanks for the help..I'll give Sadoun a call tomorrow..

Which dishes are these? Brand and model?
As Iceberg said, would you please supply a photo (or several)?

If the LNBs have D-shaped bases, that suggests old DishNetwork dishes.
But, I don't recall an old one that large, with D-based LNBs.
Superdish? We have better answers if so.
There have been so many over the years. :)

Here's a DirecTV-based LNB that may work as is.
Here is a thread on making your own bracket to mount a round LNB on an old DirecTV dish.
(everybody and their brother has come up with great bracket ideas, so if you don't like that one, we got plenty more) - :D

I think Lucky might be north of the border so there I can see ExpressVu using larger dishes like a 30" dish.

If its a "D" setup, then there might be some issues making a KU LNB fit without some fabrication

I think Lucky might be north of the border so there I can see ExpressVu using larger dishes like a 30" dish.

If its a "D" setup, then there might be some issues making a KU LNB fit without some fabrication

Can't find it, but wasn't there a thread about somebody converting the old D LNBs to linear? If so, then no messing with fabrication or new brackets.

Well, I have a DirecTV circular (rectangular based) LNBF in one hand...
... and some old D-tube mount in the other (minus the dish)
Stamped into the metal is, "46/60 cm" right above the elevation markings.
The LNB will fit into the D-hole just fine.
You might need a spacer or a shim, or some extra nuts to finish it off, but it does fit with no binding.

The other way around is more of a challenge: D-based LNB into a rectangular arm.

Ice is probably right about the Canadian connection.
Waiting on picture. :)

Here's a DirecTV-based LNB that may work as is.
Here is a thread on making your own bracket to mount a round LNB on an old DirecTV dish.
(everybody and their brother has come up with great bracket ideas, so if you don't like that one, we got plenty more) - :D

HI Anole..Thanks for ur info..I did look at the Directtv based lnb at satellite AV and it looks as if this will work,maybe not exactly,but I can make it work with very little modding.I will call sat AV in the morning to get some details..Thanks agn...will keep posted.

on second thought:

Come to think of it, that LNB may work just dandy, or not at all.
Here's the problem -
You need to be able to skew the LNB (unless you put the dish on a motor)
And so either the LNB or the dish needs to be able to be skewed (rotated).
Obviously, the LNB can't rotate, so does the mount have markings and hardware on the back side to allow the dish to be twisted??
I'd give you good odds that it does, in which case the SatAV LNB should work.
But, we still need more info on the dish/mount (a few pictures of the front and back would do it)

DGA6716-Single-Universal-Br.jpg
Here's the problem -
Obviously, the LNB can't rotate, so does the mount have markings and hardware on the back side to allow the dish to be twisted??
But, we still need more info on the dish/mount (a few pictures of the front and back would do it)[/QUOTE

I'll take a closer look at the dish tomorrow...I did find on the net a universal single lnb bracket that would work for sure. this bracket would allow you to skew the lnb if necessary..

View attachment 44575
Here's the problem -
But, we still need more info on the dish/mount (a few pictures of the front and back would do it)[/QUOTE

I'll take a closer look at the dish tomorrow...I did find on the net a universal single lnb bracket that would work for sure. this bracket would allow you to skew the lnb if necessary..

Whoops..didn't want the picture of the bracket there...Anyway,thats what it looks like..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)