8/26/2009 11:49am - Uplink Activity Report - 35 changes

ESPNU HD is on Galaxy 15. It's in the same mux as ESPN News HD. Since Dish carries ESPN News HD, you'd think it would be easy to add ESPNU HD.

Interesting. They could be waiting for any number of reasons.

a) $$
b) college football season
c) $$
d) someone fell asleep at the Available/Not Available uplink switch
e) all of the above

T.I.D.

Other changes 3:45 PM PDT:
Number|Name|Sat|TID|LiL/Map|Market|Status|Arc
6543|WNTZ|129|4309|48|5|changed LiL flags|WA
7111|WMHT|110|2584|17|2|changed LiL flags|WA
7113|WYPX|119|14|50|2|changed LiL flags|WA
7322|WOUB|129|4509|20|32|changed LiL flags|WA
7326|WLPX|119|14|29|32|changed LiL flags|WA
7805|KTNE|110|2044|13|37|changed LiL flags|WA
7952|KCWY|129|4202|13|29|changed LiL flags|WA
8060|WUOA|110|2459|23|21|changed LiL flags|WA
8061|WPXH|119|14|44|21|changed LiL flags|WA
8524|WVPX|119|14|23|42|changed LiL flags|WA
8787|WBPX|119|14|68|24|changed LiL flags|WA
8944|WLED|110|2586|49|27|changed LiL flags|WA
9134|WPXJ|119|14|51|26|changed LiL flags|WA

cool. Looks like Dish reached an agreement with the owners so they can carry 2 of the same affiliate from the same DMA (normally they dont have to unless they're in different states)

weird as they wont use 18 as their designator but opting for the DT channel of 15?

Dish did this when they added KBTX/CBS in Bryan, TX to the Waco/Temple/Bryan market. KWTX (co-owned with KBTX) had been on Satellite since the market was added on 10, and earlier this year, Dish added KBTX, they added it on 50 (which is KBTX's Digital Channel, rather than 3, their former Analog channel).

I'm thinking that there's another market they did this in, but can't recall off the top of my head...

Jim

WQOW:

This was likely a condition of the new Quincy Newspapers deal. As for why they used the RF, KBTX is mapped to 50 and nobody cared. (3 might have been too confusing for the Waco customers? KBTX is a semisat of KWTX much like WQOW is to WXOW)

The fact that WRGB and WWMT-DT2 (CW) came at the same time is not a coincidence. Over the next few weeks, we have Schurz and Freedom on the table, and Dispatch is going to have to walk to the table to talk with Dish. That deadline is coming perilously close.

My specialty over the years has become local TV. If someone gives me a video of a local TV station without any way to identify it whatsoever, I can identify it.This position allows me to identify the issues that matter to the Dish community (such as retrans deals) and connect the dots. I know station groups too, and I monitor the HD Tuesdays. If three of the same owner come at once, it's a retrans deal (KTVD and WATL, both Gannett-owned MyNetworkTV stations, came within two weeks; Quincy Newspapers started coming in and then the floodgates opened; Schurz stations were added). I am a local TV junkie. That's clear.

probably 2 AM - so let's see if it is on tomorrow morning. Remember that it took wxxa several weeks to get the HD turned on after uplink, but this is certainly a step in the right direction.

Well they did not get turned on over night - but I still think there is a deal. WRGB has stopped airing threatening ads against Dish - I think the SD signal was up for retrans renewal and it is still on. I also think that WCWN-HD is coming. What a mistake Freedom made - WRGB is getting raked over the coals because our friends to the west can no longer get them on RF6 and WCWN's sognal is so directional - I am not sure who can get them.

I also think that WCWN-HD is coming.

I hope we don't have to wait weeks, but most of my wife's CBS shows are in reruns now. OTA is also much better now that 6 went back to RF 6. I hope you are right about the CW coming. Do you know something? Raymie, anything to add to this? I would love to be able to watch the Mets lose the rest of their games in HD.:)

Retrans deals can come with a lot of conditions.

And we are seeing more CW and MyTVs now - the fact that KVCW and KOCB (Sinclair) and KSMO (Meredith) were turned on yesterday speaks to that.

Freedom does want its CW subchannels (which exist on quite a few of its stations), it seems - WWMT-DT2 is the other name of the CW subchannel said station operates. I'd bet that WCWN HD is part of the deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)