8.5 Foot Dish for S2?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I have a radio shack dish in the box (used), I have had it for quite some time.

Would it pull in most S2, our should I stick to a 10 foot?

I would think for the C-Band side and using the 8 footer getting the S2 signals is not going to be a problem, but if your also are going to try the KU side then you may have more trouble keeping a signal lock on some satellites. Some dishes have smaller mesh hole size than others and I'm not sure about the Radio Shack dishes.

all s2 on my 8ft from 139west to t12 15 west no problems on the vantage and azbox premium plus same problems on the openbox s9 and pansat 9200

With a really good 8.5 footer, that's well aligned, you'll get some S2. If it's a really great dish,like my birdview, you might be able to most of the s2 signals. However, those who say they get "all" of the s2 signals on an 8.5 foot dish, probably don't really know what "all" means, because there are some signals (8psk, 16apsk) that will be very problematic on a dish that size. I know because as I said, I have an 8.5' birdview. It's a great dish and I can get most of the signals I'm interested in with it, but there are occasionally times when I wish I had something bigger.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)