8 New HD RSN Channels Added 7/11

I'm not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but FSN Cinc and Sports Time Ohio (STO) will only be on the 129, and NOT duplicated on the 61.5

Thanks for the info... I was going to ask if FSN Cincinnati was going to be on 129 or not. I have a D1000 pointing at 110/119/129 so I'm set. I was worried it might be put on 61.5 and not 129. Works for me. :)

Change it on the main page too.
I was extremely excited until I read the details and it meant nothing to me.:(
Why they are 8 HD channels. :)

However with that said you might get excited with the news I will be posting later today. :)

Stay tuned!

If NESN wasnt a 24/7 HD channel then it would be going up. :)

NESN will not let Dish just carry the games, they want them to carry all or nothing.
Oh sure, just because NESN is a little more technically advanced than other RSNs, we the E* subs have to be "penalized" for it..... :(

Will space open up on 61.5 after the VOOM MPEG4 conversions are done??

I would say talk to NESN on that one. If NESN just let them carry the games (like other 24 hour HD RSN's do) then we could be seeing the Sox in HD now on Dish Network.

But since NESN wants them to carry it full time and not just the games there is no room for it at the moment. Dish would rather use the national conus space it has now for national HD programming.

Again our only hope of seeing it this year is if the FCC gives Dish control over Sky Angel's transponders. But I dont see that happening until this fall if not later.

Again our only hope of seeing it this year is if the FCC gives Dish control over Sky Angel's transponders. But I dont see that happening until this fall if not later.

I keep hearing this, but the fact is EchoStar has "control" of all the Dominion Sky Angel Tps except the 2 being used for the Sky Angel service. That likely will not change until the Sky Angel satellite service shuts down, regardless of whether EchoStar has the licenses in hand or not. EchoStar really needs a "new" satellite at 61.5 to allow usage of a few Tps which do not work on EchoStar 3.

Dominion has stated that once the FCC transfers these licenses, that Sky Angel will cease transmitting on those transponders.

Also Echostar has another Satellite at 61.5...

It use to be known as Rainbow 1. But now I believe they are calling it Echostar 10.

Great news for those wanting their RSN.. obviously some missing from the list that people want, but I'm shocked FSN Cincinnati is in the list! I'm not complaining, but I'm glad it's there so that any games shown on FSN-Cincinnati/Ohio I'll be able to see..

Now how long till we see things like NESN and CSN Chicago to make more people happy.. :)

I was suprised my FSN North was being lit up. Now i will get to see my Twins in HD.

Hope the Sox fans (both White and Red) will be able to get their HD RSN's shortly. I was going to say "soon" but thats a 4 letter word that E* uses a lot.

I see Dish is still anti YES Network!!
Glad I have U-verse YESHD was added over the weekend!!

We Mets fans LOVE the fact that I ole George doesn't get a dime from us.....

But I agree that eventually they will have to cave. I can't see Major League Baseball allowing them to keep cherrypicking....

It will be George who needs to cave. Charlie won't budge.

If George agrees to be on the same tier that all the rest of the RSN's are on then Dish would carry it. However George wants to be on the most basic tier. Thats not going to happen.

The ball is in George's court now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts