AZBOX 8 seconds from channel to channel?!!?!

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Okay - there must be some configuration error going on???

I change channels, and it literally takes 8 seconds for the channel to come in, after about 6 seconds, i get a info message saying the channel is encrypted and then about 2 seconds after that the channel comes into the clear and plays live. 8 seconds!!!! to change a channel??

What the heck is going on?

Okay - there must be some configuration error going on???

I change channels, and it literally takes 8 seconds for the channel to come in, after about 6 seconds, i get a info message saying the channel is encrypted and then about 2 seconds after that the channel comes into the clear and plays live. 8 seconds!!!! to change a channel??

What the heck is going on?

:facepalm

The World is coming to a end !!!

Reactions: Mr Tony
kim+jong+un.jpg

sounds like a switch going bad

There are a few channels which are scrambled, but are open in the clear that do this on mine. One of them is the TV Guide on the AFRTS, shows as scrambled but after a few seconds the picture pops right in.

do you have a diseqc or 22k switch in the setup?
Reason I say that is when I had my FTA setup when a switch was going bad I experienced the same issues. Taking forver to lock a channel

If there is a switch in the mix try a new one or bypass it and see if it still does that. If so, then it could be the receiver.

There is nothing wrong with what you are doing. I watch my sub 99% of the time. If I don't turn on the MiniMe after about three days, it takes about 40-50 minutes to get it to boot. Nothing PWrsurge suggests works. It is basically crap software coding. You can't even delete a satellite yet. My 2004 Pansat works so much better than this, as do my other receivers.

As soon as my warranty runs out I'll put an enigma 2 software on it.

Catamount

Reactions: Mr Tony and KE4EST
This happen on all channels ? or only some ? or only one specific one ?

Some providers are bad about sending the PMT data in a reasonable amount of time, I had one yesterday that was only sending it once every 20sec. thats going to make for a slow channel change.

UDL

There is nothing wrong with what you are doing. I watch my sub 99% of the time. If I don't turn on the MiniMe after about three days, it takes about 40-50 minutes to get it to boot. Nothing PWrsurge suggests works. It is basically crap software coding. You can't even delete a satellite yet. My 2004 Pansat works so much better than this, as do my other receivers.

As soon as my warranty runs out I'll put an enigma 2 software on it.

Catamount

Can you please be more specific about what is happening with your unit taking 40 to 50 minutes to boot instead of blaming it on "crap coding"? Please describe visually what happens when you try to boot it and it does not work.

Under no normal circumstances should it EVER take that long for your unit to boot. Without any more details, the only thing I can think of is that the flash chip on your unit has one or more bad blocks.

A quick way to confirm if this is the case is to try booting in safe mode when this happens. If there are no issues booting in safe mode, chances are that the main flash chip in your unit has bad blocks as the safe mode firmware runs on a separate physical flash chip.

The only thing you can try to do yourself to attempt fixing this issue is to reflash the firmware while in safe mode after making a backup of your settings and channels while booted in normal mode as these would be lost. Unlike reflashing in normal mode where settings are preserved, flashing in safe mode reformats the main flash chip as part of the process which will most likely correct any bad blocks you have.

If reflashing your unit in safe mode still does not resolve this issue then please contact the dealer you purchased it from for warranty repair or replacement.

P.S. Installing Enigma 2 on the miniMe American Edition would be a big mistake as it was primarily designed with the reception of European subscription services in mind. Furthermore, there are several critical show stopper bugs with Enigma 2 on the miniMe last time we checked which include the inability to tune any transponders with an SR lower than 5000 and a broken blind scan. Also, you can't delete satellites using the Enigma 2 GUI as well so you would not be better off.

Please be patient as we are almost ready to release our new firmware version for the miniMe AE which will add many new features and correct bugs as well.

Last edited:
Ugh, i am SO FRUSTRATED. I told the system to REBOOT because i put a new USB hd to try and see how the timeshift works and it wasnt allowing the HD to detect, so i told it to reboot. The DARN thing is FROZEN again at AZBOX STARTING....

I have hours into this thing and i have a BRICK again. This thing is so far locking up more than a 40 dollar china unit i bought of AliExpress 6 months ago.

Hey PWsurge. You immediately jump on Catamount's post, but i created the thread and you aren't helping me. Since you denied his issue, and said nothing about my post, does that mean my issue is legit and you have no comment?

If i didn't spend 200.oo bucks on this thing, it would almost be comical at this point. So, i did yet another flash firmware restore. Got it working again, had to reset all the satellite settings, although i did back up the channels. Hit the pause button on the remote, and it paused. Couldn't get it to unpause. System LOCKED. Really?!?!?!? Yet another factory firmware restore? Seriously?

Is this system really that unstable?!?!!?

Is there a way to backup the satellite settings, system settings so i don't have to spend 15 minutes re-doing that?

No, its showing it for channels like EBRU on G19.

Certain transponders such as 12084 on G19 which EBRU is on have a non standard Program Map Table (PMT) or errors in it which results in a parsing delay so this is most likely what is happening. In order to confirm this, please try tuning to Rev'N (REVN) or Retro TV (RTVE) which are both on transponder 12115 and you should not have any delay when tuning these channels.

I do know that we did implement some enhancements to the DVB parsing routine in our upcoming firmware version in order to enhance parsing performance of non-compliant PMT transponders. Will have our QA add test case using EBRU in order to confirm if these enhancements solve the issue of this channel taking longer than expected to tune in.

We greatly appreciate the feedback that you and other users have provided so far as it helps us to improve our products even better.

Thank you for your understanding,

Certain transponders such as 12084 on G19 which EBRU is on have a non standard Program Map Table (PMT) or errors in it which results in a parsing delay so this is most likely what is happening. In order to confirm this, please try tuning to Rev'N (REVN) or Retro TV (RTVE) which are both on transponder 12115 and you should not have any delay when tuning these channels.

I do know that we did implement some enhancements to the DVB parsing routine in our upcoming firmware version in order to enhance parsing performance of non-compliant PMT transponders. Will have our QA add test case using EBRU in order to confirm if these enhancements solve the issue of this channel taking longer than expected to tune in.

We greatly appreciate the feedback that you and other users have provided so far as it helps us to improve our products even better.

Thank you for your understanding,

It isn't just EBRU. It seems to take a lot longer for the DVBs2 signals. Some channels come in within a couple seconds, and some as long as 8 seconds. Hey, how do i backup my configuration settings including satellite position, etc settings??? I REALLY want to like this STB. It has some nice features.

Example, most of the channels on 137 take a LONG time to come in.

Ugh, i am SO FRUSTRATED. I told the system to REBOOT because i put a new USB hd to try and see how the timeshift works and it wasnt allowing the HD to detect, so i told it to reboot. The DARN thing is FROZEN again at AZBOX STARTING....

I have hours into this thing and i have a BRICK again. This thing is so far locking up more than a 40 dollar china unit i bought of AliExpress 6 months ago.

Before trying out timeshift, please ensure that your HDD is properly formatted, ideally as EXT3. You should first try to do a manual test recording using the record button and making sure you can play it back before trying timeshift.

If your unit freezes at the AzBox starting message, it does not mean that you bricked it. Simply unplug the power cord from the unit for at least 30 seconds and plug it back and it should boot normally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)