811 HD + Local HD

leo250

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 31, 2005
St. Charles, MO
Hello,
I live in St. Charles, MO. I have an 811 Dish HD receiver. Currently, I do not receive locals in HD. Can I buy a small TV HD antenna and hook it to the 811 to receive local HD channels? Thanks!

Leo Appelbaum
leo250

leo250 said:
Hello,
I live in St. Charles, MO. I have an 811 Dish HD receiver. Currently, I do not receive locals in HD. Can I buy a small TV HD antenna and hook it to the 811 to receive local HD channels?

Any TV antenna can be used to receive digital television signals including HD signals. As to whether or not you can receive any local HD, put your local data into this site and it will give you a pretty good idea of the local Digital Channels in your area and the antenna requirements.

antennaweb

I hooked up a Zenith Silver Sensor indoor antenna in my old mobile home and WOW! ALL my local Digital[HD] channels come in great! Google IT! I got it for $19 that way.

Good Luck!

That Zenith antenna comes free with lots of digital receivers. It is the best indoor antenna. If you are within 10 miles, it should do good.

Our VHF's (digitals) are only at 1kw (upgrade is by end of October) but one cable company over 60 air miles away use the SD to feed it's analog system.

Hey Leo, The 811 with a silver sensor should definetely do the trick. I am getting dish installed for the first time on monday and my installer is going to wire up my Silver Sensor with my 811, i checked on antenna.org site and i am 14 miles from my towers so don't see myself having reception problems i have heard of others pulling stations 30+ miles away with the silver sensor.. So buy it, i bought mine at sears for $40, and like others have said its cheaper at certain sites.. Goodluck bud...

If you get marginal reception with the Silver Sensor, then try it with an amplifier. One of my locals was right around 50%-55% with many loss of locks, I hooked up a small amp from Radio Shack and now it reads around 85% with no loss of signals.

SpringsGuy said:
Hey Leo, The 811 with a silver sensor should definetely do the trick. I am getting dish installed for the first time on monday and my installer is going to wire up my Silver Sensor with my 811, i checked on antenna.org site and i am 14 miles from my towers so don't see myself having reception problems i have heard of others pulling stations 30+ miles away with the silver sensor.. So buy it, i bought mine at sears for $40, and like others have said its cheaper at certain sites.. Goodluck bud...
"my installer", eh? :D :p Maybe I need to raise the price on that D1000 to cover the lack of advertising. ;)

And I'm reinstalling another customer in Monument (she's moving down the street) where I just leaned an EZ-Dish against the temporary house and she got all the Springs stuff fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)